1990 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

190E 2.6 2.6L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
All-Around Better Than You'd Expect
By Rick Ambrose on 10/03/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

The car is actually a 1987 190e 2.6 with power seat/headrests and ABS. I have driven this car 3000 miles since purchase and I have to say that of all 40 cars I've ever owned - this Baby Benz gets the award for best all-around automobile. It's comfortable, quiet, economical on the gas, roomy and has tons of trunk space. The 170hp engine never fails to surprise!. The car simply does everything better than you would expect. At 23 years old, it feels and drives like it's brand new - a testament to the build quality of Mercedes Benz.

My 190 is Hot
By Bolingo! on 03/26/08 09:16 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I have used my baby for about 3 years now. I must confess, I've never driven a Mercedes better than this one. Starts in the mornings very well, fuel economy is fantastic. Transmission is so smooth (soft clutching system) Suspension is very tough, never changed my shock absorbers. I've not fixed anything in the engine so far. No kick or alternator problems. It's just the perfect ride. I'll recommend it to anyone who cares to know.

Top o' The Line
By ChrisK on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

This is my first car, after driving trying many cars, even a couple years old Mercede's, and of course the American cars (all worthless cars), the 190E was the one for me, fits me perfectly, gets me from point A to point B in style and unbelievably fast, a lot of critics claimed this car was under-powered, I strongly disagree, this car is old, but still in style and looks new after all these years.

Wonderful little car
By StanQ on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

When a relative (the proverbial little old lady) gave us this car last year, it had 15,000 miles on it. Now it has 25,000 and is still in flawless condition. It is the perfect size for a small family sedan, but not big enough for long trips with more than 2 people. I would have thought the gas mileage would be a little better. 20 mpg is all she gets, and premium fuel is required. Edmunds tells me the trade-in value of this car is $3,500! If I could find 10 of these cars, with 25,000 miles or less, in cherry condition I would buy them all.

190e 2.6 1990 review
By crubio on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

this 190e 2.6 is a fun little car to drive, it's a pleasure getting into it every morning and just taking off whether going to work or somewhere, it's fun little sporty car. people looking for a fun luxurious feeling sedan but don't wish to lose the sport aspect, this is a winner.

Very Happy with my 190
By Jake1 on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

This is my second 190. Had the 2.3 but moved into the 2.6 10 years ago. What a difference! The 190 2.6 is a mimi 560SEL. Have made intermitent replacements (i.e. radiator/O2 sensor/altenator/shocks) but it still is a strong car. Would not hesitate to drive it cross country and back tomorrow..12 years old and 207k miles! The last model of the realiable "Baby Benz"!

Benjamin V.
By Matt Carter on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

Me and my friend Benjamin V. have had this car for about 7 years. We bought it used in 1995. We got it for a resonable price. It runs really nice. We haven't had to replace any parts since we got it. It is very classy. The only downside of this car is the foot room. It needs more. I go to family events and it's hard to squish people in the back.

A True Masterpiece
By Benzlover on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class Sedan 190E 2.6 4dr Sedan

We (my family) own a 300E, a larger version of a 190E, but Edmunds doesn't list it so: The 300E is one of the greatest cars ever made! It drives soo smooth, is so comfortable, and after 157,792 miles, it drives like it's brand new. It's interior is really classy and comfortable. We've only had to replace a 3 parts on since we bought it at 105,000 miles. If you are looking at an affordable Mercedes between $8,000-$14,000 dollars, get this! I sure hope my dad gives me this powerful classic.