2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2003 Mazda Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

2003 Truck Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
My B2300 truck
By Scott

2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed the little truck. Great for running around town, yard work, trash, etc. Gets 27 MPG with 5 speed.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a bit more leg room.

Year one experience
By deepwater

2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very fit for purpose. I stole it for $10,900. Use it for towing an aluminum fishing boat and to haul gear on long trips to my sailboat in Florida. 30 mpg at 75 mph(!) and I never get less than 25 mpg around town :). I'm 6' 2" and find it very comfortable and roomy. AC will blow you away, even in New Orleans heat. I was looking for a used beater to limit miles on my Vette but couldn't find a decent one for much less than the B2300 new. Yeah, it's light on power (anything is compared to my #1) but the fuel efficiency is welcome with gas @ $2+.

Favorite Features

AC. Roomy. Fuel efficiency. Nice gearing with the 5 speed; relaxed on the highway. Low end torque good for a 4 banger. Price, price, price...!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing significant

First impressions
By Rickem

2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this truck on New Years Day. First new car and all I could get approved for ($8900). Dealership service was below average. As for the truck, it is as bare bones as you can get. I highly recommend you pass up on this unless you are in bad financial shape. The truck is too small and underpowered for any serious utility usage.

Favorite Features

high seating position. Attractive exterior.

Suggested Improvements

I echo one of the earlier complaints that the steering wheel blocks the odometer.

my new mazada
By ms.bell

2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

bought due to add in sundays paper sale price

Favorite Features

price,mileage,looks

Suggested Improvements

more comfortable seats, seat coveres not availble for type seat, drivers side, at discount stores or auto stores,ie kragens auto zone wall mart et

Excellent little truck
By mazdaowner

2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been reliable so far. Great build quality, nice styling, and very economical for fuel(though you would expect that from a 4-banger).

Favorite Features

AC is cold!

Suggested Improvements

None.

Good to go!
By LPC

2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Good power if you rev it. Electronically limited to 90 mph (3500 rpm). Great mileage (24-30 thus far), tows adequately for 4 cyl. Decent stereo, good ABS. Got it for $12,300 (tax included) w/SE-5 package, bedliner, CD,

Favorite Features

Fuel economy & styling.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of electronic speed limiter & let drag be the controlling factor. Put headlight controls on stalk rather than dash switch.

For the price you can't beat it.
By SeJac

2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven a 79 Ford P/UP for the past 7 years. It was aging but the gas mileage was killing me, ecspecially with prices going up. I knew I wanted to stay with a P/UP just not a big one anymore. Well I found it, and at the price I got with the rebate, I stole this Truck :-) I can fillup and drive all week on one tank of gas now, I am saving half the payment just in what I use to pay for gas in my old P/UP. If you want a small truck and didn't think you could afford one, give yourself a look at this one before the rebates end. You wont go wrong, The Lord has truly blessed me with this truck.

Favorite Features

Interior room and exterior styling. I am a big man and you just wont believe the room in this truck.

Suggested Improvements

Only one complaint, the steeringwheel limits vision to the speedometer.

Best in class!
By NW Truck Guy

2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Better options/trim/dealer better than Ford. The Frontier is cheesy while the Tacoma & S10 are getting really old. The B2300/5 speed will leave the B3000/auto in the dust. It cruises at 80 up mountain passes easily. Great mileage--about 25 city/30 hwy. The B2300 is a bargain. It's quiet & comfortable, the interior is similar to a $30k Explorer and it pulls strongly to nearly 6000rpm yet loafs along at about 3000rpm at 80mph. Itís a great light duty truck! The guy complaining about the A/C must not have driven many 4 cylinders with A/C or something is wrong with his. You can tell when the AC cycles but it's not obvious.

Favorite Features

Eager DOHC 4 cylinder, quiet, comfy interior, decent CD stereo at no extra charge, reliable, a bargain.

Suggested Improvements

Engine gets a bit noisy above 4000rpm but it's still quieter than anyone competing 4 cylinder truck.

BAD AC EXPERIANCE
By J C

2003 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

(YEAR 2002 B2300) I'VE HAD IT FOR A MONTH AND I AM TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THE AC UNIT. IT THUMPS ON AND OFF ABOUT EVERY 06 SECONDS. IT JERKS THE ENGINE SO HARD IT FEELS LIKE I HIT A SMALL POTHOLE EVERY 50 FEET OR SO. NOT FUN AT ALL. I'VE BEEN (VERY HAPPILY) DRIVING MAZDA TRUCKS AND CARS FOR 16 YEARS (2 TRUCKS 2 CARS MADE BY MAZDA, NOT FORD). THIS WILL BE MY LAST MAZDA. FORD HAS RUINED THEM.

Favorite Features

CAN'T SEE PAST THE BAD ONES.

Suggested Improvements

NONE