2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Great little truck
By Ing on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Looks nice, runs great. Comfy ride; definitely "trucky," but not bouncy or harsh. Good legroom for tall people. Handles nicely in any situation. Good winter driving. Love the power of the 4- liter V6. I've towed pretty close to 3000 pounds up the Columbia Gorge, and it shows no signs of strain; spooling up from 50 to 75 passing a slow semi uphill? No problem, not even with a fully loaded trailer.

1st truck Wow
By SunburstRed B2300 Tr on 09/19/06 14:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B2300 SE Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new in AZ, no trouble with a/c, cold even at +117 degrees! It's a stick: could use more zip doing mountains, fine if you don't get stuck behind a slow truck and have to accelerate from 30 mph on 6000ft grade. Moved to Indiana, heater warms quickly, far less traction problems than full size van I drove. Not one mechanical problem, piled it high for move, over 2500 miles, very stable in winds, rain; good fuel economy with the extreme gas prices. Very nice turning ratio, good visibility overall.

Don't buy it!
By Mazda03 on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B2300 SE Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Mazda pickup that I bought. It will be the last! A good friend of mine sells these trucks. If not for the good deal, I'd be worse off. These trucks DO NOT HOLD THEIR VALUE. Stay away. You won't even be able to trade them in. Not great on gas and has poor performance. Also, it is the worst vehicle that I've ever driven on wet or snowy roads. I never thought I'd say it, but if you want a small truck, buy a Ford or Chevy. They actually hold their value better. I paid $16,000.00 for a 2003 and was offered $5,000.00 on a trade from the dealer that I bought it from. And, my truck is clean. Never again!

B2300 extended cab
By mwhipple on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B2300 SE Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it for the gas mileage,got what I expected. Not much on power, drives and rides smooth. Not had any mechanical problems so far.

real truck
By father on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport Rwd SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great value in todays market. No fancy "Look at Me" crap, just an honest hard working truck.

No fun to drive, but seems tough enough.
By MazdaOwner on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Decent ride, uncomfortable seating if you are over 6'2", Crummy Mileage (17 HWY), Plenty of power from the 4.0L but shaky idle, 88 MPH speed limiter (dyno proven) (Mazda will only acknowledge this AFTER you buy the truck), 3,000lb max trailer weight with the 4.0L and 5 speed (read: weak clutch), A/C clutch engagement feels like you've been rear ended, Good cruise control, Gas guage is horribly inaccurate...

MAZDA B3000 CAB PLUS DUAL SPORT
By SPECTER on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport Rwd SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

THIS BEING THE 2ND MAZDA TRUCK I,VE OWNED I AM STILL IMPRESSED WITH THE OVER ALL QUALITY & WORKMANSHIP OF THIS TRUCK.THE ONLY DOWN FALL I CAN FIND IS MAZDA/FORD REALLY NEEDS TO ENTER THE SPORT TRUCK MARKET WITH A TRUCK THAT IS LESS 4X4ISH .THEY NEED TO BUILD A TRUE SPORT TRUCK AND GIVE CHEVY AND DODGE A RUN FOR THE MONEY. HECK EVEN TOYOTA'S GETTING WITH THE PROGRAM.

Mazda B4000 SE 4x4
By Dicksgarden1 on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great little truck for the money.....good quality thru out.....quick...rides nice but not spongey at all...handles good...& I think it is sharp looking.....mine is Black mono......if you are in the market for small pickup don't over look this

Not a Ranger
By newo on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport Rwd SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice truck. I know it's basically a Ranger but with Mazda's new 4 year warranty I went with the B-Series. The fabulous 5 speed auto makes the most of the small 6 cylinder and I don't see one every light like a Ranger.

impressive throughout
By Awesome truck on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This fall I purchaced a new b4000 from a mazda dealer new in town. I was very impressed with the way I was treated to begin with. The truck is everything and then some that I expected out of a truck. The 207hp engine mated to a 5 speed automatic transmission is pure performance. Gas milage is decent considering the vechicle. Build and design both interior and exterior is superior compaired to any other truck in its class. Im very Very happy with my purchace