Used 2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Truck - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Great little truck
By Ing

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Looks nice, runs great. Comfy ride; definitely "trucky," but not bouncy or harsh. Good legroom for tall people. Handles nicely in any situation. Good winter driving. Love the power of the 4- liter V6. I've towed pretty close to 3000 pounds up the Columbia Gorge, and it shows no signs of strain; spooling up from 50 to 75 passing a slow semi uphill? No problem, not even with a fully loaded trailer.

Favorite Features

Too many good ones to list. Love the way it looks, love the way it runs.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's side seat could come forward farther to let passengers out. Front grill is a little flimsy; cracked when I leaned on it. Rear speakers crapping out (I totally abuse them w/high volume, though). Gas mileage could definitely be better.

1st truck Wow
By SunburstRed B2300 Tr

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B2300 SE Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new in AZ, no trouble with a/c, cold even at +117 degrees! It's a stick: could use more zip doing mountains, fine if you don't get stuck behind a slow truck and have to accelerate from 30 mph on 6000ft grade. Moved to Indiana, heater warms quickly, far less traction problems than full size van I drove. Not one mechanical problem, piled it high for move, over 2500 miles, very stable in winds, rain; good fuel economy with the extreme gas prices. Very nice turning ratio, good visibility overall.

Favorite Features

Front drivers seat wide and lumbar support, a/c-heat great, easy manual shift, smooth ride, great for furniture, big items, low to get in/load, high enough to see. Love radio/cd, great sound quality for standard model. Nothing in interior has fallen off. Very happy with my purchase.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger seat uncomfortable, seats need to come forward further for ease of use of rear interior cargo space. Really could use a snap-on standard bed cover-offer. Wish for moon-roof and ceiling storage for small items.

Don't buy it!
By Mazda03

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B2300 SE Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Mazda pickup that I bought. It will be the last! A good friend of mine sells these trucks. If not for the good deal, I'd be worse off. These trucks DO NOT HOLD THEIR VALUE. Stay away. You won't even be able to trade them in. Not great on gas and has poor performance. Also, it is the worst vehicle that I've ever driven on wet or snowy roads. I never thought I'd say it, but if you want a small truck, buy a Ford or Chevy. They actually hold their value better. I paid $16,000.00 for a 2003 and was offered $5,000.00 on a trade from the dealer that I bought it from. And, my truck is clean. Never again!

Favorite Features

Dash board. Pretty pathetic.

Suggested Improvements

Should be geared lower so that you can accelerate onto a highway.

B2300 extended cab
By mwhipple

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B2300 SE Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it for the gas mileage,got what I expected. Not much on power, drives and rides smooth. Not had any mechanical problems so far.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Extend cab more on the small truck

real truck
By father

2003 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport Rwd SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great value in todays market. No fancy "Look at Me" crap, just an honest hard working truck.