2002 Mazda Truck Consumer Review: A GREAT Truck Looking for a So

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Review

A GREAT Truck Looking for a Soul...
By mcook on

2002 Mazda Truck 2dr Regular Cab B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck looks great outside and has a well laid-out interior The seats are a little less supportive than I would like but at 6 ft. 4 in. I still fit nicely in the cab and ride relatively comfortably. The raised suspension is a very nice touch and I especially like all of the extras that were included in the price. The 3 liter V6 is gutless around town but feels like it would tow a tank. Fuel mileage is average at best but hey it's a truck. The third break light had to be replaced because it leaked and the trim panel around the radio started peeling. Other than these minor issues and the boring engine I've been very happy with this truck.

Distinctive styling, raised suspension, compact size, build quality, value... did I mention distinctive styling?

I wish there was more "sport" in my Dual Sport. I would have gladly paid much more for the 4 liter V6 engine if it had been an option. This truck with a V8 would be a huge hit! Also, taller and more supportive seats would be nice (like the seats the Ranger got in '04).