Used 2002 Mazda Truck B3000 Dual Sport Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Best truck I own
By C. Clay-Van FArm

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is a very reliable truck it has a good suspension for hauling trailers around the farm it handles very well at highway speeds and the only thing I would do to it is to add a larger rear end in it so that the motor doesn't have to strain so much when we are pulling hay wagons out of the fields and this has a very good leaf springs in it because we have hauled a 1500 lb. Safe home from 100 miles away and it didn't break anything

The truck has a really high stance compared to the regular Ford ranger. It allows for more ground clearance so it can follow my 1984 F250 anywhere around the farm and it can do anything we need it to. It is driven everyday and has plenty of speed if you need to go somewhere fast.

Larger rear end gearing and a 5.0 motor and dual fuel tanks

Nice Little Truck
By Anthony

Bought it brand new and I have never had a problem. I get about 19 mpg in mixed driving. I have about 65K on original tires. One set of brakes and oil changes every 5K. Not the fastest vehicle, but it will drop a boat in the lake easily with the raised suspension.

The looks and reliability. It looks sharp and I have never had a problem.

It rides like a truck (but that's what it is).

GoodLittle Truck
By bushdow

I purchased this truck September 2002. The gas mileage could be a little better (17 mpg) The truck is high for better road view. The engine could use a little more HP for merging traffic situations.

Body style, and high setup.

Gas mileage and horsepower

A GREAT Truck Looking for a Soul...
By mcook

This truck looks great outside and has
a well laid-out interior The seats are
a little less supportive than I would
like but at 6 ft. 4 in. I still fit
nicely in the cab and ride relatively
comfortably. The raised suspension is
a very nice touch and I especially like
all of the extras that were included in
the price. The 3 liter V6 is gutless
around town but feels like it would tow
a tank. Fuel mileage is average at
best but hey it's a truck. The third
break light had to be replaced because
it leaked and the trim panel around the
radio started peeling. Other than
these minor issues and the boring
engine I've been very happy with this
truck.

Distinctive styling, raised suspension, compact size, build quality, value... did I mention distinctive styling?

I wish there was more "sport" in my Dual Sport. I would have gladly paid much more for the 4 liter V6 engine if it had been an option. This truck with a V8 would be a huge hit! Also, taller and more supportive seats would be nice (like the seats the Ranger got in '04).

02 Dual Sport - Good Small Truck
By reddualsport

I've had this one for a little over a
year and have not had any problems.
The ride is bouncy but it's a truck.
Mine has the trailer towing package
and I've hauled a 18 foot boat (1800
lbs) for 300 miles on one trip and it
performed better than I expectd.

Sitting up higher which gives you a better view of the road. The truck looks nice with the big tires painted fender flares.

Better gas mileage. I'm getting around 19 on my 30 mile highway compute each day.