2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Great little machine
By B2300 on 11/18/08 18:33 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best vehicle buys I have ever made. Great mileage (28-33). No problems so far. Inside door handles have come somewhat loose and sometimes rattle. Mazda makes a great vehicle.

Best truck I own
By C. Clay-Van FArm on 08/05/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is a very reliable truck it has a good suspension for hauling trailers around the farm it handles very well at highway speeds and the only thing I would do to it is to add a larger rear end in it so that the motor doesn't have to strain so much when we are pulling hay wagons out of the fields and this has a very good leaf springs in it because we have hauled a 1500 lb. Safe home from 100 miles away and it didn't break anything

Nice Little Truck
By Anthony on 04/02/07 16:01 PM (PDT)

Bought it brand new and I have never had a problem. I get about 19 mpg in mixed driving. I have about 65K on original tires. One set of brakes and oil changes every 5K. Not the fastest vehicle, but it will drop a boat in the lake easily with the raised suspension.

GoodLittle Truck
By bushdow on 02/26/05 20:22 PM (PST)

I purchased this truck September 2002. The gas mileage could be a little better (17 mpg) The truck is high for better road view. The engine could use a little more HP for merging traffic situations.

B2300 AUTO
By CMAN on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The only item that I don't like is putting the automatic gear shift in park it feels like you have the force it in.

A GREAT Truck Looking for a Soul...
By mcook on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This truck looks great outside and has a well laid-out interior The seats are a little less supportive than I would like but at 6 ft. 4 in. I still fit nicely in the cab and ride relatively comfortably. The raised suspension is a very nice touch and I especially like all of the extras that were included in the price. The 3 liter V6 is gutless around town but feels like it would tow a tank. Fuel mileage is average at best but hey it's a truck. The third break light had to be replaced because it leaked and the trim panel around the radio started peeling. Other than these minor issues and the boring engine I've been very happy with this truck.

02 Dual Sport - Good Small Truck
By reddualsport on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I've had this one for a little over a year and have not had any problems. The ride is bouncy but it's a truck. Mine has the trailer towing package and I've hauled a 18 foot boat (1800 lbs) for 300 miles on one trip and it performed better than I expectd.

shifting troubles
By clark, md on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Styling on the b2300 are nice. I bought this truck because of it's automatic transmission. What a mistake, it has a clunk when it shifts gears. In one 140 mile trip, it did this 165 times. The dealer tells me this is normal, madza refused to do anything. Also it is the ROUGHEST riding truck I have ever been in. Hitting a rough section of highway is an adventure. I have 250 lbs of weight in the back and run 25 lbs of air in the tires to try to help this. This will be my last madza (ford) purchase. Anybody who considers buying one is a poor misguided soul.

Eastern NC
By Randall Tyndall on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Looks great, lot of compliments, most controls within easy reach. Cannot see under visor when in down position. Recommend extended cab for taller drivers. Difficult for entry/exit for shorter operators. Great mileage for truck - 23 - 25 average.

Kevin's 2002 B2300 SE5
By kevroth on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first truck, and I love driving it. I went with the Mazda because of the warranty (50,000 miles, as opposed to 36,000 on the Ranger or S-10). The suspension is a little tight, but that's not really a bad thing in a city like mine where the streets are a little rough. Running the A/C hurts the power a bit on the 2.3 liter engine.