2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Good Truck without Personality
By Bill on 04/26/06 18:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 4dr Cab Plus B4000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck new, trading in a 2000 GMC Sierra. I got a lot of truck for the money. The truck has been reliable except for odometer failure (warranty) and EGR flow sensor. The 4.0L engine and 5-speed auto transmission are a fine drivetrain. The main problem is that this truck just has no personality to distinguish it from the crowd. The tin-can sound of the doors closing doesn't help. I recently installed a Magnaflow catback exhaust which has given the truck a distinctive sound.

good truck
By kickwheel on 11/10/05 13:21 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 4dr Cab Plus B4000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Looked at Toyota, Ford and others. Decided on the Mazda because of the 0% for 5 yrs. I really enjoy this truck. Have driven it in all types of weather and it has performed well.

First Truck Great first expreriance
By fcortez on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 4dr Cab Plus B4000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This my first truck and I am enjoying it I looked at the Ford Ranger but selected the Mazda because of the unique style and better warrenty. The 4liter engine gives about 18 mpg in town but makes the truck fun to drive. Tight direct steering feel makes for a sporting drive.

Great incentives on good truck
By hsjrev on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 4dr Cab Plus B4000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my '92 Toyota 3.0L 4x4 on the B4000 dual sport auto. The little things like switches, turn stalk, armrests, etc. are nicer in the 10 year old Toyota, but the Ford 4.0L is much smoother and nicer than the old 3VZ-E. The Mazda smooths out the bumps much better but has more body lean in the turns and I go a little slower on the onramps. I think the Tacoma is a better truck, but with the S plan purchasing program from work, and Mazda's incentives, the price was just too good to pass up.