2002 Mazda Truck B3000 Cab Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda Truck - Consumer Reviews

2002 Truck Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Sort Reviews by

Is it the truck or the N. E. weather?
By Pleiadian7

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 4WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Mazda/Ford's truck design is OBSOLETE. I bought this 2002 because I'd had 2 Mazdas previously and they were pretty decent. THIS one had a clutch master cyl. go bad as soon as I got it. Access to the rear cab space is poor. The engine is so detuned as to be ball- less. However, the worst problem is the severe undercarriage corrosion which has destroyed the brakes/brake lines and has caused me to need to buy a new truck. New England winters and road chemicals are tough but I think the degree of damage is still pretty serious. No more Mazdas for me. I bought a Nissan.

Favorite Features

I always like the truck's looks, so I guess aesthetics would be my favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

Get an engine with some power, get some corrosion resistance for the undercarriage, redesign and update this dinosaur.

2002 Mazda B3000 4X4
By rideayeti

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 4WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent truck! A little underpowered with the 3.0 liter engine, but the tradeoff is a consistent 22-23 mpg. Great styling, well built, economical vehicle.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room for front passengers, great mileage for a truck, great stereo, styling is much better than its Ford Ranger sibling.

Suggested Improvements

Wheel/tire size is a little too large for this engine, which gives the truck a feeling of being underpowered. Would like to have more low-end torque.