2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
B4000 - Best in Class (in my opinion)
By Chris M on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 4dr Cab Plus B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

B4000 has lots going for it PRIMARILY the 4L 208HP, largest in class - greatest horsepower per dollar spent (w/ Ranger). Nissan “supercharged” engine is slightly larger, 210HP, but less responsive/slower & supercharged engine lacks towing/off road power. Challengers: Ranger, S10, Tacoma, Dakota & Frontier. Tacoma/Frontier only come in 4 full or 2 door models; no have doors. Drives the cost up such that one may be better off looking at bigger trucks. Fun truck, lots of functionality & power, nice high ride, good visibility, shift on fly 4wld, large/cool tires w/ strong, elevated suspension, 4 doors & features (bed-liner, cover, bed extender).

wont buy another
By mazda on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 4dr Cab Plus B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

great vehicle if it wasn't in the shop all the time. Entire clutch system replaced, transmission and computer problems. This truck is great when it runs, inside and out. Has plenty of power, gas mileage is terrible (14 city). This is my fourth since 1994 and I will not buy another. Two were good and two were bad. 50% is not very good

The more I drive it,the more I love it
By Donz on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 4dr Cab Plus B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I think Mazda's differences in interior and exterior won me over, verses the Ranger. It feel's tight,no rattle's, has lot's of power, and it's a ball to drive. And with a 50,000 mile warranty, Mazda belives in it more than Ford does their Ranger.

Noble truck
By Gus Meyer on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 4dr Cab Plus B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great vehicle to run errands to the lumber yard, the nursery, the dump etc. It is very sporty, has great handling and adequate cargo capacity for its intended use. It is the right size for city use and can be parked easily in our relatively narrow driveway. Dealer was fair in the purchase process.