2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Takes a lickin' Keeps on tickin'
By Ryan on 01/12/10 15:29 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a good truck for all around use. The fuel economy is average for around town, but is good on the long trips. I have not had a single mechanical problem. The truck is strong enough to pull my boat to the lake and tough enough to handle me taking it out in the Mojave Desert to have some fun exploring. I have only made a couple of changes to the truck to accommodate my uses. I installed slotted and drilled rotors for heat reduction while towing, and an air- fuel programmer to dial in the exact power or fuel economy I need. I put on some 31 x 10.5 R15 mud tires to keep it moving in the sand, mud and snow.

Best of Times, Worst of Times
By Bob Bennett on 08/01/06 16:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The interior is comfortable and we have taken many long trips in this truck. It's handy for around town, trips to the builder supply store, and the antique shop. It's my work car, and has been reliable so far. All these are offset however by the poor performance and abominable gas mileage: about 13 mpg all the time. My previous car was a full-sized sedan that got 10. Some improvement. The transmission has to work hard all the time and the truck barely keeps up with Bay Area traffic. I had wanted the four-cylinder, 5-speed model, but let myself get flimflammed into this model. It's my fault, but I would never buy this truck, or shop at that dealership again.

Bad Transmission
By Jerry on 02/17/06 11:05 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this truck used with 2600 miles. Automatic transmission started slipping at 30,000 miles. Had to replace at 35,000 miles. Poor gas mileage for a small truck, 17 - 18 mpg. Interior trim quality is sub par. Plastic dash trim is peeling. No doors on the extended cab make the area behind the seats hard to access.

Good Buy for the money
By mutbreath on 04/18/05 10:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this as an extra car for running errands and doing the "honeydos". Great truck for the money. It looks great and rides fine. I like the extended cab for safe storage & the extra seating for my kids.

good truck
By johnboy on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this used with little mileage on it. Got a great deal. So far, so good. It runs smooth and the mpg is acceptable. AC is great. I live where it gets very hot, so that is important. For the price, it's great.

My little red Truck
By dearlaurie on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has been a great truck for me. I am a single mom, and own a small farm, so I need the convenience along with the great style and comfort.

Do not buy PLEASE
By fxdl1000 on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

At 35000 miles it was getting sloppy. The rear end was making a klunking sound. Ingram park Mazda said the parts were back ordered and would take months to get. I called mazda factory and they called Ingram park mazda. The end result was Ingram park had screwed up. But still the part was months in comming. They said. I am stuck with a truck I am paying for with a serious defect and not parts!!!! My recomendation is to not buy Mazda trucks.

Not Happy
By MJF on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am not happy with this truck. A week after I bought it, it had to be returned to get 4 new tires. It runs really rough, at a stop it vibrates the cab. I have brought it back to the dealer and they didn't feel anything was wrong. I will probably trade in soon.

Think reliability !
By Nick Tremblay on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you look a the quality/price ratio, the Mazda B-series gives you a higher quote compare to competitor. My criterias was reliabiliy, fun to drive, fair cost: the B-series was the one. Especially, the reliability...it is as reliable as a japanese truck ! Who can't say that !

Pretty Darn Good
By cturner14 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After having such good luck with my Mazda Protege', bought in 1990 and still running well - getting 35m to the gallon, I decided on a Mazda truck. I could've bought a Ranger, but the Mazda just looked better and I am not dissapointed. Plenty of power for a 3.0 V6 Automatic, and looks great in the parking lot. I made the right choice. The Mazda minivan is next and will get them from the same dealer.