2002 Mazda Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Great little machine
By B2300 on 11/18/08 18:33 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best vehicle buys I have ever made. Great mileage (28-33). No problems so far. Inside door handles have come somewhat loose and sometimes rattle. Mazda makes a great vehicle.

B2300 AUTO
By CMAN on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The only item that I don't like is putting the automatic gear shift in park it feels like you have the force it in.

shifting troubles
By clark, md on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Styling on the b2300 are nice. I bought this truck because of it's automatic transmission. What a mistake, it has a clunk when it shifts gears. In one 140 mile trip, it did this 165 times. The dealer tells me this is normal, madza refused to do anything. Also it is the ROUGHEST riding truck I have ever been in. Hitting a rough section of highway is an adventure. I have 250 lbs of weight in the back and run 25 lbs of air in the tires to try to help this. This will be my last madza (ford) purchase. Anybody who considers buying one is a poor misguided soul.

Kevin's 2002 B2300 SE5
By kevroth on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Truck 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first truck, and I love driving it. I went with the Mazda because of the warranty (50,000 miles, as opposed to 36,000 on the Ranger or S-10). The suspension is a little tight, but that's not really a bad thing in a city like mine where the streets are a little rough. Running the A/C hurts the power a bit on the 2.3 liter engine.

Hereditary transmission problems
By Cookieman on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Truck 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle was a delight to take in the rough, even though it was two-wheel drive, I could take it anywhere. It had a good ground clearance, and low rev torque. It's downside is it's transmission. The Ranger series has always had problems with the transmission and when I bought this Mazda I thought they had cleared that problem. Not so. After 7K miles, it began to have trouble shifting in and out of second. It got to the point that I had to skip the gear. After the replacement if immediately took care of second but fourth was now the troublemaker.