2009 Mazda Tribute 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - First SUV

2009 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

First SUV
By Zoner on

2009 Mazda Tribute s Touring 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove 5 other brands and liked the Tribute right away.The contrasting interior color was a plus and the "classy" touch is nice.It handles great and feels positive.I drove a 04' Duramax for 5 yrs. so this feels much better but similar.If you want a softer ride then buy something else.SUV says it all. The performance is outstanding with the new v6 and the fuel mileage is great.I tow a pop-up camper and a small 14' aluminum boat with it and with the 3500 lb rating it's perfect and tows great. I read the early year reviews but this engine and tranny should upgrade them considerably.Overall I'm very happy with it.

Favorite Features

Style and function make it just right. The A/C puts out big time and that is a major "must have" in Phoenix.Fit and finish are high and so far every thing is solid and tight.

Suggested Improvements

The console storage access could be forward some more for easier use. Storage areas are o.k. but I'm used to a full size truck. Having some color matching screw cover caps in the interior area would change the interior looks. I think they missed this and it's stupid.