Window Regulator Should be Recalled
By swflmazda on
2008 Mazda Tribute i Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Ok.. So not a bad car as my first mazda purchase. I am totally surprised there hasn't been a recall on these, that all but one of my power window regulators have snapped. Really poor poor poor design and cheap materials. Dealership wants me to pay for labor, will cost be around $800. No-way since this is faulty equipment. not standard wear and tear.. Also gas pedal gets stuck. Incredibly dangerous. Not sure what's worse; windows that do not work or a gas pedal that gets stuck. Other than that.. seems to be a decent car.
Favorite Features
Drives smooth.
Suggested Improvements
Better equipment for the windows and better balance for car tires. The steel belts will separate in the tires if you do not rotate every 5K miles. That is not a lie. They will separate and your life will be at risk.
By tomh6
on 07/05/13 10:36 AM (PDT)

I have a 2009 and had two windows drop within three days. They both happened while it was sitting in the driveway, not while I was even in the car. I will never buy another Mazda.

By fldriver08
on 09/17/12 08:39 AM (PDT)

Window Regulator Issues with 2008 Tribute I agree with swflmazda ...this should be a Recall We are now needing to get a third one replaced - due to failure. No warning this is going bad and we rarely even use our windows. The window just opens - and then will not go up or down... Other than the window issues - we like the Tribute