So far so good...
By Pat1usmc on
2008 Mazda Tribute s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
So far I am very happy with my purchase and enjoy driving my Tribute very much. A lot of expert reviews complain about the engine and handling but I find the 6 cylinder to be very peppy when you step on the gas. Its no musclecar, but its more than satisfactory. Handling seems very solid, as it stays very flat through turns. Steering feel is also excellent. I bought it for the space, comfort and ability to handle offroad situations once in a while. Most SUVs that reviewers say are better than the Tribute can not go offroad. The price can definitely not be beat either. AWD Grand Touring edition at more than $2700 off MSRP! I feel like I got a lot of car for the money.
Favorite Features
Offroad ability, confident handling, unique interior, heated seats, aux input for the stereo, comfortable leather seats, exterior design still looks masculine (not all curvy like many SUVs nowadays), and the PRICE! I can easily overlook the improvements section because of the amazing price.
Suggested Improvements
Satellite radio w/o going back to the dealer for a $500 upgrade, interior handles above the doors, stereo controls on the steering wheel, full power driver's seat, better brakes, outside temperature readout, ability for the 2nd row to fold w/o taking out the headrests.