I like it so far
By spk151 on
2008 Mazda Tribute s Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I've put almost 1,000 miles on my 2008 Mazda Tribute. The Good: I love the looks white with black trim and tinted rear windows. It has performed adequately so far with no problems. It has decent acceleration at 200HP, while handling like a car and gets almost as good fuel economy as my 1999 Chevy Malibu (V6). The interior is roomy in both front and back seats. The complaints: Mazda claims to have a college graduate incentive program, but they do not in the USA. I'm not thrilled with the speedometer as it only displays in multiples of 20MPH, I guess writing in multiples of 10 would be too hard??? I do get a lot of reflection from the white hood. All-in-all I would buy it again.
Favorite Features
I like the boxy SUV styling unlike the CX7. 6 disk CD changer, tow package, and MP3 jack are wonderful. Car-like handling with raised seating platform. Comfortable front and rear seating. Ability to fold down rear seats (This is my first SUV). Lots of safety features.
Suggested Improvements
More numbers on the speedometer. Make the steering wheel adjustment easier to find. More power/better fuel economy (already improved for 2009). Go back to front and rear disc brakes. Readout for fuel remaining/average gas mileage. Standard mud guards on 4wd models. Built in cargo net hooks