2008 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Great vehicle for the price!

2008 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great vehicle for the price!
By ChuckFuller on

2008 Mazda Tribute i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Over the years, we have owned 3 Mazda Proteges and 2 MPV vans. Mazda has always delivered the highest quality vehicles we have owned and we expect no less of our new 2008 Tribute. We decided on a fully optioned Grand touring model in the the i series with the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder. I find acceleration to be quite responsive and I'm sure to appreciate the better economy. Unless you need a tow vehicle, I highly recommend this combination. I'm surprised by some of the less than complimentary professional reviews regarding styling cues as I find the vehicle to be gorgeous (gloss black over "stone" leather). All in all, an A+ experience to date.

Favorite Features

Best, mirror-finish black paint job I've owned. Really smooth. Smaller exterior proportions for confident parking, yet interior room in the driver's compartment is outstanding. I'm 6'3" and my large frame is very comfortable in the seat, and headroom is great, even with the sunroof on my model.

Suggested Improvements

As much as I love the slick lines and the black mirror-finish, I'm parking on the outer fringes because NO side molding of any kind. That first good door-ding is going to really hurt and could have been prevented with a little better design/engineering. Ride could be a bit smoother as well.