2008 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Very Pleased with Quality
By Al on 02/22/08 07:01 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Waited for this much improved model to be available; we are not disappointed. Quality of workmanship is superb. Body is solid as is performace; interior design very user friendly. For the price this vehicle is worth every dollar.

LOVE IT!!!!
By zoom zoom! on 01/28/08 15:01 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just got this SUV a few days ago. What I can tell you is that I absolutely love it. I had a Honda Element and the Tribute blows it away. The Honda 4 cyl. isn't enough for the weight of the Element. I also had a CRV and the Tribute blows the doors off it. It has exceptional power to it without hesitation. No problem getting on the highways or passing. I have no intention of towing with it. The inside is way above the inside of the Honda's. The Tribute has a more elegant look to it and tons of leg room and cargo space. The long list of standard equipment provided is what also makes the Tribute and excellent choice for the money! ZOOM ZOOM!

So far so good...
By Pat1usmc on 12/16/07 14:52 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far I am very happy with my purchase and enjoy driving my Tribute very much. A lot of expert reviews complain about the engine and handling but I find the 6 cylinder to be very peppy when you step on the gas. Its no musclecar, but its more than satisfactory. Handling seems very solid, as it stays very flat through turns. Steering feel is also excellent. I bought it for the space, comfort and ability to handle offroad situations once in a while. Most SUVs that reviewers say are better than the Tribute can not go offroad. The price can definitely not be beat either. AWD Grand Touring edition at more than $2700 off MSRP! I feel like I got a lot of car for the money.

Great Compact SUV
By Shad5000 on 11/12/07 20:41 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The AWD V-6 Grand s touring model is top notch in its class. I upgraded from the 2003 Tribute this year and I am very pleased. The car/truck gets lots of compliments and its new styling is a hit. The drive is smooth and the cockpit is sporty and overall is a great drive. Small glare during the day from the dash color on the glass but I'm sure I will get used to it.

My 2008 Tribute Mazda
By Hosam Dajani on 11/06/07 09:13 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All options were basic and standard. I am missing many nice features when I compared my Mazda to the Ford Escape. The car can out perform a Honda on the highway. The car felt solid on the ground when making sharp turns. The engine felt smoother with synthetic Mobile One 0W-20. The transmission is slow and heavy. The power of the engine is felt best on the highway. Solid when driven on sand or rocks. It needs many changes in my opinion.

I Love My 2008 Tribute!
By j garvey on 11/05/07 12:40 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful SUV. The first road trip I got 25 mpg with not even 1000 miles on the vehicle! Handles very easily on the road and while driving in town. Very smooth ride. Comfortable seats. Love the heated front seats on cold mornings. Great acceleration. Love the interior. The lighted instrument panel is nice at night. Heater really heats up fast on cold mornings. This is really a great SUV for in town driving or out on the road.

Wow II
By Trebor II on 10/23/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I evaluated the Tribute after 400 miles earlier here. I have dutifully, every fill up, recorded fuel consumption for over 5000 miles now. The mileage is incredible and I have only done a few minor things to it --put in a K&N filter (at 4000 mi) and Mobil 1 at 3000 mi. Here are the stats: overall avg. mpg 28.5. High: 33.11 mpg, low 25.5 mpg. On last tank full, averaged 32.6 (90% highway). If I drive between 60 & 65 and get it into 5th at 30 mph, I can get 32+. Between 65 & 70, I can get 30-32 mpg. Driven between 70 & 75, 28-30 mpg is possible. Above 75, it tails off as you would expect. This has got to be the most economical small SUV with a stick shift. Very pleased with it.

Great 2nd Car
By Leon DeHart on 10/15/07 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I was coming from a long period of driving full-size pick-ups and looking to downsize! This was a good choice to go smaller with good fuel results, and yet not feel much had changed in the process. I still sit up higher. Interior can carry cargo too.

Mazda Tribute 2008 Grand Touring
By Joy on 09/25/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I always wanted a Tribute but I like the 2006 exterior better than the 2008. The 2008 looks too much like a box. I really like the exterior look of the 2007 Honda CRV, but I like the interior of the Tribute. I made the purchase because it was the best deal for the money. I like the feel of sitting high and seeing far in front me. I don't have 4WD and sometimes it feels like the car skids or sways if I'm traveling at a high speed and need to come to a sudden stop. This makes me a little nervous. It's not too bad on gas either. It's really growing on me.

Love This SUV!!
By c.sims on 09/21/07 23:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this SUV after looking at, reading about and test driving almost every small SUV out here.This is one of the sharpest ones, inside and out, on the market. It has every standard feature you would need and the dash is black and shiny and looks really expensive. The interior design altogether is just beautiful. Great job Mazda!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.