2008 Mazda Tribute SUV 2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

2008 Tribute Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
In response to "May Have A Lemon"
By jewhite1972

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I also purchased the Grand Touring model. At first during the summer it drove perfectly, up until a month ago. It started with jerking on acceleration, then the tires would screech loudly, and also it would stall when I stepped from the brake pedal onto the gas pedal. I've only had this truck for 6 months now and had to take it in to the service department where I brought it from...to no one's surprise but my own, it was the transmission. Thought that was a little uncommon, being that the truck is only a 2008. Seems that the Mazda Tribute transmissions problems is not at all that uncommon...so buyer beware and by all means do your research. Wish I had!

Favorite Features

The Interior.

Suggested Improvements

Build a better truck...one with preferably no transmission issues!

Mazda Tribute 2008 Grand Touring
By Joy

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I always wanted a Tribute but I like the 2006 exterior better than the 2008. The 2008 looks too much like a box. I really like the exterior look of the 2007 Honda CRV, but I like the interior of the Tribute. I made the purchase because it was the best deal for the money. I like the feel of sitting high and seeing far in front me. I don't have 4WD and sometimes it feels like the car skids or sways if I'm traveling at a high speed and need to come to a sudden stop. This makes me a little nervous. It's not too bad on gas either. It's really growing on me.

Favorite Features

I love the 6 CD changer, 10+ radio station settings, tire level alert, leather interior, blue/red lights inside, large console storage including CD holder, AC outlet in back, seat warmers, handles on hatchback.

Suggested Improvements

Radio buttons on the steering wheel. Interior handles to assist in getting in and out of the vehicle. You'd think this would be mandatory?! Did they forget and decide it was too late to add? Even small compact cars have these! Makes me scratch my head. Bigger glove compartment. Quality interior.

Great vehicle for the price!
By ChuckFuller

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Over the years, we have owned 3 Mazda Proteges and 2 MPV vans. Mazda has always delivered the highest quality vehicles we have owned and we expect no less of our new 2008 Tribute. We decided on a fully optioned Grand touring model in the the i series with the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder. I find acceleration to be quite responsive and I'm sure to appreciate the better economy. Unless you need a tow vehicle, I highly recommend this combination. I'm surprised by some of the less than complimentary professional reviews regarding styling cues as I find the vehicle to be gorgeous (gloss black over "stone" leather). All in all, an A+ experience to date.

Favorite Features

Best, mirror-finish black paint job I've owned. Really smooth. Smaller exterior proportions for confident parking, yet interior room in the driver's compartment is outstanding. I'm 6'3" and my large frame is very comfortable in the seat, and headroom is great, even with the sunroof on my model.

Suggested Improvements

As much as I love the slick lines and the black mirror-finish, I'm parking on the outer fringes because NO side molding of any kind. That first good door-ding is going to really hurt and could have been prevented with a little better design/engineering. Ride could be a bit smoother as well.