Used 2008 Mazda Tribute s Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Fuel Pump Sensor/computer is shot
By phxbarb

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Everything has been fine until now. Nothing major. Yesterday driving along fine. Park. Go to store, come out. Starts, shakes, stops. Starts, shakes, moves a little, stops. Absolutely no warning anything wrong. Now a bill for $600 to get a sensor thing installed. What the?

Long Commuter
By Marcel

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 112 mile round trip commute to work. I like the handling, the styling inside and outside, and the summer gas mileage (28 mpg highway). City mileage is low in the winter, (around 20 mpg.) Front brakes and rotors have been replaced 3 times since taking ownership, (65,000 miles). See some rust starting on back doors. See rust starting on tail gate jam where weather stripping comes together by latch. I wash and wax weekly. It's quiet, decent power, Hydroplaning occurs on water-soaked highway roads, need to slow down under 50 to feel safe. Handles okay in winter. I use snow tires on all 4 wheels in winter. Don't like the anti-skid feature.

Favorite Features

Cruise, radio, fog lights, interior & exterior styling, paint, power locks & windows, pop open rear glass hatch. MP3 port. Easy to change oil and filter. Drain and fill transmission fluid.

Suggested Improvements

disc brakes, brakes that last longer than 10,000 miles. move the dome light controls to over the rear view mirror.

LOVE IT!!!!
By zoom zoom!

2008 Mazda Tribute SUV s Sport 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just got this SUV a few days ago. What I can tell you is that I absolutely love it. I had a Honda Element and the Tribute blows it away. The Honda 4 cyl. isn't enough for the weight of the Element. I also had a CRV and the Tribute blows the doors off it. It has exceptional power to it without hesitation. No problem getting on the highways or passing. I have no intention of towing with it. The inside is way above the inside of the Honda's. The Tribute has a more elegant look to it and tons of leg room and cargo space. The long list of standard equipment provided is what also makes the Tribute and excellent choice for the money! ZOOM ZOOM!

Favorite Features

6 cylinder engine, 4 wheel drive with traction control, interior space.

Suggested Improvements

In order to get Sirius Satellite service you must purchase an accessory that costs $500.00. That is excessive. Most cars are being made with that item standard.