2008 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
I love it, but it could be better
By Greg on 10/02/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The look - the exterior is much cooler than the 2002 which I previously owned, but no vinyl side panels that saved me a bundle when I got hit in the older one (no damage!). The interior - I love the high gloss look, but the sunglass holder door drops open every time I hit a bump. You still have to take the head rests off the back when putting the seat down. The rear cup holders on the console don't have the sleeve that the front ones do, so its very difficult to clean what the kids manage to put in there. Driving - it handles like a dream. I love driving this car.

Somewhat Disappointed
By STX on 03/30/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first time I buy a Mazda Tribute. Was pretty impressed with the design and the interior. Has plenty of room for driver and passengers. Has some good features that are very accessible from the drivers seat. Very good on mileage and economy.

Redesign needed
By Like it on 03/26/08 06:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the GT Mazda Tribute because of the standard features/price.But for a "grand" version, it is lacking. No lighted vanity mirrors. One coat hook in the entire car.Body side molding would help protect doors from dings. Interior looks like it was put together with spare parts, all different colors. Glare on driver side mirror reflecting AC vent inside car. Several mirror adjustments can't get rid of it. Would help if side mirror unit could be moved outward like on Chevy Blazers. To keep the cost of the vehicle down, I guess some features were not cost effective.

I Love My 2008 Tribute!
By j garvey on 11/05/07 12:40 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Tribute s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful SUV. The first road trip I got 25 mpg with not even 1000 miles on the vehicle! Handles very easily on the road and while driving in town. Very smooth ride. Comfortable seats. Love the heated front seats on cold mornings. Great acceleration. Love the interior. The lighted instrument panel is nice at night. Heater really heats up fast on cold mornings. This is really a great SUV for in town driving or out on the road.

Small SUV Zoom Zoom
By Native Austinite on 08/27/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Research led me to the CX-7, but turned away from the premium gas requirement. Looked at/drove the Tribute and although "boxey," unlike the sleek CX-7, I insisted on a vehicle that operated on regular gas. I've had mine since the end of April and have had a couple of road trips. The ride is smooth and quiet, it's roomy, handles well, seats 5. V6 has the power to get you through traffic, not real impressed with the brakes, a bit mushy. The leather interior really dresses it out. A very good value in comparison to other small Japanese SUVs. Fun to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.