2008 Mazda Tribute 2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda Tribute i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
In response to "May Have A Lemon"
By jewhite1972 on 01/05/10 01:46 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I also purchased the Grand Touring model. At first during the summer it drove perfectly, up until a month ago. It started with jerking on acceleration, then the tires would screech loudly, and also it would stall when I stepped from the brake pedal onto the gas pedal. I've only had this truck for 6 months now and had to take it in to the service department where I brought it from...to no one's surprise but my own, it was the transmission. Thought that was a little uncommon, being that the truck is only a 2008. Seems that the Mazda Tribute transmissions problems is not at all that uncommon...so buyer beware and by all means do your research. Wish I had!

Mazda Tribute 2008 Grand Touring
By Joy on 09/25/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I always wanted a Tribute but I like the 2006 exterior better than the 2008. The 2008 looks too much like a box. I really like the exterior look of the 2007 Honda CRV, but I like the interior of the Tribute. I made the purchase because it was the best deal for the money. I like the feel of sitting high and seeing far in front me. I don't have 4WD and sometimes it feels like the car skids or sways if I'm traveling at a high speed and need to come to a sudden stop. This makes me a little nervous. It's not too bad on gas either. It's really growing on me.

Great vehicle for the price!
By ChuckFuller on 08/16/07 15:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Over the years, we have owned 3 Mazda Proteges and 2 MPV vans. Mazda has always delivered the highest quality vehicles we have owned and we expect no less of our new 2008 Tribute. We decided on a fully optioned Grand touring model in the the i series with the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder. I find acceleration to be quite responsive and I'm sure to appreciate the better economy. Unless you need a tow vehicle, I highly recommend this combination. I'm surprised by some of the less than complimentary professional reviews regarding styling cues as I find the vehicle to be gorgeous (gloss black over "stone" leather). All in all, an A+ experience to date.