2008 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Never buy a Mazda
By mlloyd1986 on 04/10/11 13:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car a crap. Within the first week of buying this car the paint had already started chipping. Had to bring it in to Mazda and they corrected the paint job. The seat belts went for no reason at all. Mazda ended up replacing the all four seat belts. The transmission went while I was on the highway going 60 mph and I only had 51,000 k on my tribute. Then my car wouldn't stop stalling and it was because my radiator was leaking coolant. That ended up having a recall and they replaced that TOO. This car is junk. Everything is wrong with it. As far as I'm concerned this car is unsafe. They should invest most care and money into this car instead of constantly fixing it's non stop problems.

Rust problems
By Mazda lover on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My 2008 Mazda Tribute have been working fine until recently that I found that the rear door seems and rear fender are rusting. The exterior face of the fender is peeling off and the inside is rusted. My vehicle has less than 60k miles. I usually wash my car during winter almost weekly to avoid this type of problems. The vehicle also has been in a garage all nights so I don't get why only a 2.5 yrs old car is rusting. I talked to the dealer where I bough it and they told that has a rust 5 yr warranty but covers everything that can make or made a hole in the body. They need to take pics and send it over to the regional warranty guy for approval. I'm trading in for a real Japanese car.

Not a bad little SUV
By Ryan on 08/09/10 15:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We have had our Tribute for a little over 2 years and it has 50,000 miles on it. It had not given us one bit of trouble. The major thing that has disappointed me is the lack of power, but that is what you get with a 4 cyl. It gets fairly good gas mileage. We went on a trip a couple weeks back at it averaged 27 MPG. Its roomy enough in the cabin and I'm 6'4" and feel comfortable in it. Do wish there was a little more backseat space. A/C blows cold and the radio is easy to use and stylish. If it runs anything like the old Mazda B2300 I had we will keep it for a long time. I would recommend one.

Horrible Car
By chase11 on 10/03/09 10:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new 2008 Tribute a little over 2 years ago, in the past year I have had problem with faulty valve stems on 3 of the tires, peeling plastic and paint on the exterior, sealing problems with the doors and back window hatch, and just today the driver door almost completely came off! I had to lift the door up and push it in just to get it shut good enough to drive home. I have never had so many car troubles in my life until I bought a mazda. My advice...look elsewhere!

Two mths and happy
By Dsquare on 07/22/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my tribute in early June 08 and have been happy. Took car from Va to Fla and did well. A little cramped for the 4 of us + luggage, but still managed 26+ mpg with a/c on the whole way. Excellent auto considering the price point.

The Perfect Suv, Love It!!
By willowby on 07/13/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This SUV is perfect for city driving, and does great on the highway. The engine is not over powered if you're running the air conditioner in the city, but that's not that important, but the pick-up is there if you need it. I love the the black trim around the vehicle, your seeing less of this,the monochromatic look is not for me. The engine is not loud and you don't hear excessive road noise.

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring
By Robert on 06/11/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Nice SUV. Lots of room and very comfortable. AC blows very cold. Good exterior design. Rear seats should recline and fold down easier without removing head rests. Grab handles should not have been left out. Exterior temp would have been nice. Stereo sounds very good. Gauge cluster doesn't look Mazda at all, very Ford. Sportier steerig wheel with audio controls. Lots of standard safety features for the money. Rear brakes should have been disc not drum. Having noises from rear breaks that has been looked at by the dealer twice. Carpet in front foot wells pulling away from the door frame plastic. Very nice Mazda that feels like a Ford. Excellent value for what you get.

Very disappointed
By JOSEPHINE on 04/30/08 22:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Two weeks after I bought this car I started experiencing hard starting and a loud clicking sound in the passenger/driver door. I took it to Mazda service center and they confirmed my concerns. They serviced this car 3 times for the same issue and up to now they haven't resolved the problem. First they said it was the battery, then second it was the software that needs to be updated. The third time the technician cannot fix the problem and they have to involve the manufacturer's engineer. Very disappointing since this car is supposed to be brand new. Almost everyday the car has difficulty starting. As for the door clicking noise no parts available to replace it until ?????

I'm enjoying my SUV
By I'm enjoying it! on 03/18/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have gone from $70 plus for a fill up to $40.00, from 12 mpg to 24. In the three weeks I have had it, we have been thru 4 inches of snow and two days of near 80 degree weather and it has kept me warm, cool and got me from point A to point B even while driving 15 miles per hour on the freeway. What’s not to like.

Love This SUV!!
By c.sims on 09/21/07 23:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute i Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this SUV after looking at, reading about and test driving almost every small SUV out here.This is one of the sharpest ones, inside and out, on the market. It has every standard feature you would need and the dash is black and shiny and looks really expensive. The interior design altogether is just beautiful. Great job Mazda!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.