Used to love her Part TWO!
By niccorcal on
2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)
An update to my previous post from 9/09. Sooo I ended up spending just over $3000 to have my transmission rebuilt, if only I could post the pictures! ALL of the metal parts in the transmission were all eaten up, its as if the metal they used weren't heated up to the right temperature when it was being produced. The company fixing it has never seen such a thing on a new car in their 30 yrs of business. So I think it's over,a little over a month and my other ABS wheel axle, one of the main reasons all the problems came to light starts going out, affecting once again my transmission, faulty axles and crappy transmission material. 3 months later I'm driving a BMW X3! Obviously way better quality!
Favorite Features
The dark tint on the windows
Suggested Improvements
Corporate should deal with customers better, never again will I look at a Mazda
By deckert
on 03/15/11 10:31 AM (PDT)

I bought my 2006 Tribute brand new and now I only 49000 miles on the car and the engine blew. I have done regular maintenance and had no warning. We were on a trip and about 40 miles from our destination it blew a rod or something. We are looking at 4 grand or more to fix it and its out of town. We had to rent a car to come home. Mazda does not cover it. Very frustrated and will not buy another Mazda either.