Our New Tribby...
By Johnny on
2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)
My wife and I traded in a 2003 Land Rover Freelander SE for a 2006 Tribute i 4WD and let me tell you how happy we are! The Freelander gave us nothing but agony... it was in the shop for mechanical and electrical problems almost every 3-4 months since we had bought it and the service dept. was always booked! Since purchasing our new Tribby, our lives have become much less worrisome. It's nice having a SUV that is fun to drive and actually reliable all at the same time. Our Tribby comes with power everything, 16 in. alloys, and a fuel efficient engine that has been getting 23 MPG around town. We love this car and we now love Mazda. I am buying the new Miata next! The Tribute is a great buy!
Favorite Features
Electronic 4WD, ABS, Electronic Brake Distribution, sporty look, huge cargo space, nicely appointed interior ergonomics, 100 Watt am/fm/cd standard stereo, tight handling, extremely quite engine, and peppy around town.
Suggested Improvements
Heated seats should be an option on the i version, and there is a tad bit of excessive wind noise when driving at high speeds.