2006 Mazda Tribute 3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Mazda Tribute

2006 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

Mazda Tribute
By Gavin on

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love my Tribute! I researched extensively and decided on the Tribute over the Escape and Mariner due to slightly lower price (with rebates) and the 4/50K warranty vs. 3/36K. The only other one I considered was a Hyundai (I disliked the GMs). This is a fun-to- drive mini-SUV with all imaginable amenities included on package 3. The only things missing: steering-wheel radio controls and a message center (mileage, trip running time, etc.). Some owners gripe of the gas mileage, but I have averaged 19.3 during the initial 900 miles (50-50 split of highway & city miles). C'mon people -- it's an AWD V6 SUV, not a compact car with a tinny 4-cylinder. Heck, my underpowered '94 Subaru only got 18/26.

Favorite Features

AWD V6 at a reasonable price, sporty lines, side curtain airbags for additional safety, comfortable and apparently durable leather seats, 7 speaker stereo, 4 year/50K miles warranty with roadside assistance, reclining rear seats (the wife loves this for long trips), three 3-point belts in rear.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a stick-shift on the V6, add steering wheel radio controls, add message center, larger gas tank, add automatic setting for headlights, improve standard tires (noisy).