2006 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: CRAPPY CRAPPY TRANSMISSION!!!!

2006 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

CRAPPY CRAPPY TRANSMISSION!!!!
By mkburgess828 on

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Tribute w/ 77k on her 17 months ago and first off it is VERY weak. I maintain my vehicle myself and do so very OCD like. The transmission gave out on me @ 108k. My only complaints are the noticable lack of power and the PATHETIC transmissions Mazda designed and installed on these vehicles! Thank Goodness I have a GREAT hookup here in NC which rebuilt the tranny with much better than factory parts. I took out and reinstalled the transmission myself which saved $400. The rebulid alone was $900 which is a deal. If you buy a Tribute be prepared to replace the tranny without ANY doubt. For someone without help or ability its gonna be $1800-$2500..EASY Good luck, You'll need it!!!

Very stylish exterior design and very roomey interior. I like being able to run the fog lights without having to run the headlights at the same time.

Please redesign the transmission. That is the only downfall to this 06 Tribute I own. It is a major cost factor for owners. I drive my Mazda Very, Very easy and still the tranny shot out on me.