2006 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Love my V-6 Tribute
By Kevin&Thom on 02/24/10 08:09 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tribute brand new off the showroom floor, it had 7 miles on it. She now has almost 90,000 miles on her and she is still going strong. I do regular oil changes, had a transmission service at 60-K, just had the transfer case fluid changed about 1,000 miles ago. The vehicle is fun to drive, does very well in the snow, has great get up and go power. Fuel economy could be better, but it is a full time AWD vehicle, so nothing unexpected. She averages about 21-22mpg on highway and 16-18 in the city traffic. So far so good, she is well out of warranty so fingers crossed no issues arise.

I LOVE my Tribute!!!
By Barbara on 09/13/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many Ford Explorers in my time and this vehicle blows them all away. It is SOOO much better and more fun to drive. It now has over 40,000 miles and I still love it. I hate the tires, though. No problems to speak of. I've even towed with it.

Used to love her...
By niccorcal on 09/09/09 19:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased my '06 Tribute brand new in '05 with only 17 miles on it. We couldn't stop raving about how nice it was and how we had never had any issues with it. That was until the transmission gave out ONE month after the warranty expired. It only has 33,000 miles on it & Mazda Corp. refuses to help me out. I couldn't produce sufficient paperwork proving that I've had oil changes showing that we've been maintaining it. After two weeks of waiting for Mazda's response it's now at a local garage getting a new transmission on MY dollar. I have two Mazda's, long time customer, I will never buy another Mazda again.

Painfulclunker
By Bermudez on 08/21/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It is extremely painful to realize that my beautiful car is worst less than a clunker. With only 36k miles, and all the maintenance properly done on time,the automatic transmission broke, the dealer installed a new one which lasted exactly two weeks so a new one was installed, and yesterday, this one broke too; so in the period of 6k miles, it is 42k now, I had three brand new transmission installed. What is my next step? Get rid of the car before the warranty expires.

2006 Mazda 4-dr SUV 5 spd Manual
By Jane on 07/13/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the car for 3 years now. Although the car seems underpowered with the smaller engine the gas mileage is very good, the manual transmission really makes the difference. Comfortable in town and on trips and handles very well. So far has aged well both inside and out despite dogs and kids.

Gas Hog & Rattle Trap
By christi on 01/04/09 19:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used with only 600 mile so it was pretty much new. 1 year later I have spent 600.00 for brakes and my tires need to be changed already. I average 14 mpg in my V6 so is really is a gas hog. When gas was at its highest I was putting 63.00 every 3 to 4 days, I am not happy with the mileage at all. I thought it was pretty good in the beginning but now I drive 80 on the freeway the whole thing shakes. The resale value is terrible. The value 13 months later is about 8000.00 and I paid 17000 for a used. Will never purchase a Mazda ever again.

Road Noise and Tire Replacement
By S. J. on 11/23/08 12:52 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 3.0L 6-cyl. automatic that I bought new in Oct. 2006. It has performed well and has required no warranty work to date. I had to replace the tires at 23,783 due to very loud road noise that continued to get louder over time. It was the poor quality Continental Tires that were factory installed. Once I replaced the tires, no more road noise. I wish that I had replaced the tires long ago.

Zoom
By tom kuester on 10/13/08 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV i 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. Some tire road noise. Not sure about transmission. Exhaust needed repair. Still like it a lot. Good ride and mileage. Tows OK for a 4 cyl.

Perfect basic transportation
By MazdaRob on 08/27/08 16:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have always owned Toyotas, but hate the redesigned RAV. So I looked at the Tribute and got a great end of year deal. Now, I only require a vehicle with a CD player and AC, so features don't interest me. This car is reliable, economical (I get nearly 30 mpg on the highway and high 20s around town. I've had no mechanical problems in 45,000 and the tires are still original. Honda CRVs chew up the tires! The Tribute has room to tote lumber, move furniture and carry tools, but it's also comfortable on long trips and handles very well. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Plus, my dealer charge for service is very reasonable. It's a great SUV!

Poor Gas Mileage -nothing to do about it
By wynn003 on 03/06/08 15:54 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV i 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I'll just list the bad stuff (I'm sure you've read enough good stuff so I need to balance it). I replaced a 1993 V6 Navajo that does 15 MPG. Now sticker says 22-26MPG on this tribute. I drive both so I'm hoping maybe 24MPG, but would be ok with 22MPG since it's more in the city. Guess what I get? 16-17MPG!!! I've told this to the dealer and all I keep getting from them is that it's right, that they (Mazda) are revamping the whole mileage rating because it's not accurate. !??!? Why not just list the right one? I got a 13 yr old newer car to get 1 MPG more? I don't even drive aggressively anymore. On top of that, when I accelerate from a stop sign, I can feel a thud in the gear.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.