Used 2006 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Will never buy a Mazda Again
By firsttimer8

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At first this vehicle was great. Loved how sturdy it was and how it drove. UNTIL I hit 70,000 miles. Things went south and fast. So far the oil pan had to be re-sealed TWICE, the transmission was leaking, the rack and pinon leaking (for break fluid), the starter had to be replaced, and now the alternator is bad. This all has happened in under a year. The dealership I bought it from stated I had an extended warranty for buying it and they also did not honor that warranty so all of the above was paid out of pocket. I really got a crappy Mazda. With 2 kids and hubby being the only one that works and me in school, This car has really put us in a hole and that is an understatement.

Improve your warranty and make sure things dont go to crap.

2006 Tribute Can't Tow
By frisbeeboy

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I researched and bought my 2006 Tribute s AWD, but it did not have the factory tow package. The dealer told me that you can add a hitch. The only problem is that it won't accept aftermarket wiring! I had two different trailer wiring harnesses installed by a pro and they both fired the module. The second one burned out the Tribute's computer. Mazda replaced it as a "good will gesture", but said that it can't accept an aftermarket trailer harness. My tribute also needed the leather driver's seat cover replaced, and a sunroof switch. Can anyone help with the wiring issue. I really want to tow a small trailer and also want to keep the tribute. BTW- it only gets 18-20mpg around town.

great value among all SUV in market
By 4cyl 2006 tribute

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV i 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

this is great SUV, for less than 19k , which i paid this suv is great for its class and performance, i drove 29k miles and still going great , did not spend any dime other than regular oil change sporty and sexy suv,can not beat its value and class and modest price tag

sporty, good fuel efficiency, drives like car

seat cloth quality not that great,

First time Mazda owner update
By Judy H.

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am writing an update to my review of 4 years ago. I still really like my Tribute, and would probably buy another one. Done all routine maintenance and have had no mechanical issues (knock on wood) and hope it continues that way.

I still think it's fun to drive. It handles well. It's quite roomy for a small SUV. MPG have improved and highway MPG is about 28.

One complaint is the upholstery gets dirty and it's difficult to clean. One recommendation. Replace those awful Continental tires they come with. I replaced them with Michelin Latitudes and what a difference! No more road noise while driving!

A Good Ride
By A Good Ride

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV i 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Tribute new and chose it over the competitors because of price and value. I've owned it for 4 years and never had any problems with it. I would have kept for many more years but needed more room after finding out we were having our 3rd child,so we traded for a minivan. It gets pretty good gas mileage for an suv around 21mpg nice ride but a little noisy at higher speeds. Good family suv and good trunk space. Overall a great value compared to the other small suvs on the market.

Interior quality, price, rear trunk space

styling outdated but the newer CX-7 has pretty much replaced it. A smoother and quieter ride at high speeds.

• SUV