Used 2006 Mazda Tribute s SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

I LOVE my Tribute!!!
By Barbara

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many Ford Explorers in my time and this vehicle blows them all away. It is SOOO much better and more fun to drive. It now has over 40,000 miles and I still love it. I hate the tires, though. No problems to speak of. I've even towed with it.

Favorite Features

The feel of the driving!

Suggested Improvements

auto-door locks, door lock control on passenger side, radio controls on steering wheel, lighted cruise control so you can see it in the dark

Gas Hog & Rattle Trap
By christi

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used with only 600 mile so it was pretty much new. 1 year later I have spent 600.00 for brakes and my tires need to be changed already. I average 14 mpg in my V6 so is really is a gas hog. When gas was at its highest I was putting 63.00 every 3 to 4 days, I am not happy with the mileage at all. I thought it was pretty good in the beginning but now I drive 80 on the freeway the whole thing shakes. The resale value is terrible. The value 13 months later is about 8000.00 and I paid 17000 for a used. Will never purchase a Mazda ever again.

Favorite Features

Roomy for a small SUV

Suggested Improvements

Add some features to this SUV, very plain and basic, does not have anything above plain! no auto lights does even give you the outside temperature, those 2 features are standard in most cars now. I purchased the S model and that's supposed to be a step up from the i model.

Road Noise and Tire Replacement
By S. J.

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 3.0L 6-cyl. automatic that I bought new in Oct. 2006. It has performed well and has required no warranty work to date. I had to replace the tires at 23,783 due to very loud road noise that continued to get louder over time. It was the poor quality Continental Tires that were factory installed. Once I replaced the tires, no more road noise. I wish that I had replaced the tires long ago.

MAZDA TRIBUTE
By Cynthia

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great SUV. No mechanical problems, except for the gas pedal which was covered under warranty. Highly recommend.

Favorite Features

Ability to haul large items.

Suggested Improvements

Interior, I so not like the cloth seats. I wish I would have gone with the leather.

posting an update of problems
By Michael Loughnan

2006 Mazda Tribute SUV s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 3100 miles, transmission broke and was replaced. New transmission sometimes searches and kicks into gear, it's back in the service department now going on 3days. Now have 4700 miles on it. Rear windshield wiper assembly fell off when I was washing it. After hitting the pavement, I have a nice scratch on it. Noticed an indentation in the middle of the dash about 3-4 inches long. Right front lower door sheet metal has 5 lines in it. Very poor workmanship and quality. Am starting mediation with factory right now. I feel ripped off. Wonder what will break or fall off of it next. I do not feel safe in this vehicle and recommend to those who might buy one, not to. Nothing but problems since I bought.

Suggested Improvements

The factory needs to use better parts and better quality control and split the joint venture with Ford as they produced this vehicle together.