2006 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
I LOVE my Tribute!!!
By Barbara on 09/13/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many Ford Explorers in my time and this vehicle blows them all away. It is SOOO much better and more fun to drive. It now has over 40,000 miles and I still love it. I hate the tires, though. No problems to speak of. I've even towed with it.

Gas Hog & Rattle Trap
By christi on 01/04/09 19:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used with only 600 mile so it was pretty much new. 1 year later I have spent 600.00 for brakes and my tires need to be changed already. I average 14 mpg in my V6 so is really is a gas hog. When gas was at its highest I was putting 63.00 every 3 to 4 days, I am not happy with the mileage at all. I thought it was pretty good in the beginning but now I drive 80 on the freeway the whole thing shakes. The resale value is terrible. The value 13 months later is about 8000.00 and I paid 17000 for a used. Will never purchase a Mazda ever again.

Road Noise and Tire Replacement
By S. J. on 11/23/08 12:52 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 3.0L 6-cyl. automatic that I bought new in Oct. 2006. It has performed well and has required no warranty work to date. I had to replace the tires at 23,783 due to very loud road noise that continued to get louder over time. It was the poor quality Continental Tires that were factory installed. Once I replaced the tires, no more road noise. I wish that I had replaced the tires long ago.

MAZDA TRIBUTE
By Cynthia on 12/24/07 07:35 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great SUV. No mechanical problems, except for the gas pedal which was covered under warranty. Highly recommend.

posting an update of problems
By Michael Loughnan on 03/23/07 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 3100 miles, transmission broke and was replaced. New transmission sometimes searches and kicks into gear, it's back in the service department now going on 3days. Now have 4700 miles on it. Rear windshield wiper assembly fell off when I was washing it. After hitting the pavement, I have a nice scratch on it. Noticed an indentation in the middle of the dash about 3-4 inches long. Right front lower door sheet metal has 5 lines in it. Very poor workmanship and quality. Am starting mediation with factory right now. I feel ripped off. Wonder what will break or fall off of it next. I do not feel safe in this vehicle and recommend to those who might buy one, not to. Nothing but problems since I bought.

It's really just a Ford
By Mike on 02/11/07 09:50 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tribute new and at 3100 total miles, my transmission broke and had to be replaced. There were no error codes when technicians hooked up to the test computer. The dealer had it for over 10 days until I got it back. The wheels and brakes continually squeak at slow speeds (typical Ford). I don't really trust the vehicle now because of the transmission and am seeking to trade it for something else (not Mazda). Unfortunately it may be awhile before I can do that as the Tribute's trade in value has severely decreased since I bought it, and continues to decrease. I will never buy another Mazda or from the dealer I purchased it from. Also poor workmanship in body panel on r/front door.

Still Love it
By likeitquiet on 12/31/06 14:56 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had it for a year and love it as much now as on day one. It's made several long road trips around the country at this point, so mileage is quickly increasing but condition, reliability and handling are still superb. This little gem is highly recommended as a keeper - so grateful to Edmunds for aiding in the extensive research process before purchase - not a single regret.

This Tribute goes zoom-zoom
By Michael on 12/03/06 11:37 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Tribute drives and handles well and is roomy for its size. Good performance with the V-6, easy to spin the front wheels. Seats are comfortable. A bit of a choppy ride on uneven roads. Looks and feels put together well and more stylish than its cousins, the Escape and Mariner, not to mention less money and it has a longer warranty with the 4yr/50000 mile bumper to bumper.

Barb's car
By barb on 09/04/06 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven Tributes for almost 8 years. This is my 3rd one. They are great; peppy; fun to drive.

06 Mazda tribute
By roshov on 06/23/06 05:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All is good except: 1. center console moves back and forth showing wear near the gearshift 2. driver seatbelt receptacle rubs/damages center console, needs at least Velcro like passenger seat belt has (near center console) 3. fuel door very difficult to open, people with large fingers would have an extreme time opening. 4. seat uncomfortable to lay back and attempt to nap in (passenger).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.