2005 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: ZOOM ...ZOOM

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

By Jame on

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Mini SUV has been a real pleasure to own! Before this vehicle, I had a '97 Ford Thunderbird, that I didn't really want to give up. But we needed something more suitable on gas, growing boys and a dog. We drove the Tribute from Florida, up to Mass, and the gas mileage was excellent. It handles great in the different climates, from rain to snow covered roads. I have two very energetic sons, and this SUV has been a huge plus in our active lives. For not purchasing a Lexus, or Mercedes SUV, I couldn't be happier so far!

I absolutely love the fog lamps. It brightens up a darkened road with no hesitation. I have to rate the sound system right up to my previous Thunderbird, which had its own amplifier. Of course the Tribute doesn't have a BOSE system in it, but I've been happy with the sound performance.

The ignition counsel could be lit up more. And the cruise controls need to be more pronounced when it's dark outside. Mazda could add some small lights to the controls to make them more visible. A retractable antenna. I feel the cargo slider should come standard in all the S models.