2005 Mazda Tribute 3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Tribute - Gorgeous SUV, bad

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

Tribute - Gorgeous SUV, bad fuel economy
By philsphan23 on

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We got the s-model with the AWD, 6- cylinder and automatic transmission. It is a really good looking SUV (red with a silver bottom) and very fun to drive, however, if I had realized that the around town gas mileage was so poor, I don't know if I would have purchased this car. I don't do a whole lot of highway driving. I am getting just 16 miles per gallon! When you pay over $2 a gallon, it feels like I was ripped off! The sticker said 21 mpg and the salesman confirmed the number, but obviously was looking for a sale, not my interests. I'd love to hear what the 4-cylinder drivers are getting for gas mileage. You couldn't beat the incentives, though ($4000 cash back, or 0% financing).

Favorite Features

The body style and pep. The AWD works great. I love the tinted windows, the large size of the windows and the lack of blind spots. It is very easy to manuever.

Suggested Improvements

Improve city-driving gas mileage!!! (In all fairness, I haven't had a chance to test the all highway driving mileage.) Make it easier to disable the annoying seatbelt warning bell.