2005 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: So far so good!

2005 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

So far so good!
By lmvp17 on

2005 Mazda Tribute i AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my gently used '05 fully loaded Tribute (3.0, 4WD w/ towing package) couple months ago and so far so good. Had some trouble with the engine light but that was fixed by replacing the gas cap. I tow my 16ft fishing boat with ease and felt confident when the 4x4 kicked in to pull the loaded trailer out of the lake. Left the moon roof open one night through a rainstorm and had my interior and dash completely soaked! Surprised to say absolutely no electrical problems and leather still looks brand new. Only thing I wish it had was ability to play MP3's!

Reliable and strong. Pretty tough for a lil SUV. Handles well. Looks great with the step bars. Love the power difference when overdrive is disengaged. Very roomy. Great sound system (except for missing mp3 player!).

Needs bigger gas tank. Gas consumption is pretty normal for SUV though. And E-brake has adjustment problems. So far that's pretty much it!