2005 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Love this SUV

2005 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

Love this SUV
By seemmons on

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love, love, love this car. My tribute currently has 89,000 mi. It's everything a small SUV should be. In the V6 with 4wd, it's powerful quick. I spend 2hrs in mine daily, both highway and dirt roads, and it's just as stable on the mud as it is on pavement. I'm getting around 25mpg. On our first big snow, I hit 4WD, and drove this thing through the mud and 16" of snow up a hill without so much as slip. It's much more stable than I feel the Jeeps are, and when test driving, blew away even the Escape. Mine also has an enormous sunroof, stylish leather and idiot-proof 6 CD changer. There also isn't a dog, a ladder or power tool my hubby and I can't fit in it.

4WD on the button is unstoppable. 3.0L V6 is super powerful Quality sound system Extremely comfortable seats, especially the back which are adjustable. Be aware that it drives like an SUV. If you don't like to hear and feel the road, keep looking. I don't want to feel like I'm driving a Sedan, so for me, the tight steering and suspension that is slightly less than air-ride is a "like"

I wouldn't mind shifting from the console rather than the steering column. When the snow hits, I think downshifting from the console is easier. While I feel the car is really ideal for a smaller person, the radio is a stretch, and I definitely have to lean to reach even the closest buttons. I wish the steering wheel came equipped, but perhaps that will be my next upgrade.