2005 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Love the V-6

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

Love the V-6
By Tim in Iowa on

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The V-6 Tribute is fantastic--very smooth and a blast to drive. Does not have that tippy feel that SUVs often have. I am 6'1" 195 lbs and feel very comfortable in the drivers seat. Gas prices seem to have motivated sellers-- I got mine below invoice plus $4000 in rebates. People complain about the gas mileage. I am getting a solid 20 mpg -- not great but better than I was led to believe. Good driving habits help. I got pkg 1 -- interior is okay, maybe a little plasticky. Pkg 2 gets you leather and walnut dash but no moonroof which I had to have. Pkg 3 gets you everything but it will cost you. I live on a gravel road where dirt is an issue. The titanium gray does a good job hiding it.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks blow away its twin the Ford Escape. Nice large moonroof. I like the firmer seats (much like those of a volkswagen). Though some people find them too hard I think they compliment the trib's stiffer suspension. I like the adjustable lumbar support. Middle-mounted shifter is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Gas tank is 16.5 gal -- 18-20 gal would have been more appropriate. Rear visibility not great -- taking out the middle seat headrest helped.