2005 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Great SUV/wagon/whatever it is

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

Great SUV/wagon/whatever it is...
By flyingcow on

2005 Mazda Tribute i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

2000 miles, and am happy thus far, except for a few minor quibbles. 4 cylinder auto transmission is peppy, if you turn off the overdrive. Roomy, really fun to drive, turns on a dime, quiet, car-like, good seats, plenty of room in front AND in back (I'm 6/3), Feels solid on the highway. Excellent sound system - 100 watts will rock you out. 22 mpg in city, 25/26 mpg highway with automatic transmission (as advertised). Amazing price: $15,800. 4 year/50K warranty. Gotta buy it!

Favorite Features

Excellent visibility from driver's seat and all other seats, Sound system rocks. Tribute IS zippy. I can drive this SUV like a car, and it does not feel tippy. I love to drive the Tribute so much that I make up excuses to drive this SUV, just like I prefer my Telecaster guitar over all others.

Suggested Improvements

Head rests on front seats at an awkward angle. Cup holders in front difficult to use easily. Rear cup holders are shallow and of marginal utility. I don't smoke, but why a cigarette lighter and no ashtray? No light in glove box. Include cruise control and a cassette on I-model. Still, a GREAT car!