2005 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Great Car

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

Great Car
By Mimi on

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I switched from a Mustang Convertible and was anxious that I wouldn't get that thrill moving up to an SUV. Obviously it isn't the same, but I thoroughly enjoy my Tribute. I picked the Tribute over the Escape because a)I liked some of the curves of the body style better and b)it seemed like everyone had an Escape. It handles like a car and has a much softer ride than hubby's Jeep Liberty. Never have any problem fitting my "stuff" into it and those who ride in the back seat are very comfortable. Auto 4WD is great and it just kicks in when needed. I have heated seats, sunroof, and leather and all are wonderful. I highly recommend this for those who want the room, but the drivability of a car.

Body style, handles in the edge of liftgate (I'm short and the handles make it easier to grab), and overall handling. Nice not to worry about switching to 4WD each time. I also like knowing the airbags judge weight and seat distance from wheel for deployment strength and speed. Low insurance.

These are two pretty ticky tack things, but the sound of the beeping (when lights are left on, door open, etc.) is really annoying. Also would like to have an automatic door lock switch on the passenger side of the car. Other than that, I love the car.