Good Deal, but needs some minor help
By Heather on
2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Overall, my 2005 Tribute S has plenty of room, handles decent & good pickup. Iíve always driven high-end luxury sedans & SUVís and while this isnít in their class with style, comfort, drive and some of the interior options, bells and whistles, it is a great deal. I get alot of compliments and would recommend this SUV for someone restricted to that price bracket. I transport alot of sporting equipment on the roof. This is the one reason I will not be a repeat Tribute owner. Mazda made a huge mistake making the rook rack extremely short.Unless you replace the entire rack with a custom rack, then this is not the SUV for outdoor enthusiasts needing to carry sport equiptment on the roof.
Favorite Features
Side air vents are very versatile, but center air vent movement is terrible. Overall drive and HIGHWAY (not city) mileage is very good. Lots of room. Nice outside body style. Love the in dash 6 CD changer.
Suggested Improvements
Limited movement on middle airvents. There is plenty of unused roof space to further extend the roofrack towards the front. The limited width which you can extend the crossbars is a big hindrance with anyone wanting to transport anything on the roof. And there is way too much wind noise.