2005 Mazda Tribute 2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Cream of the Crop

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

Cream of the Crop
By srambus on

2005 Mazda Tribute i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My 16yr old son and I spent a good month of his summer vacation test driving and researching smaller SUV's. After extensive research and many many test drives, the Tribute clearly rose to the top. Best combination of gas mileage and style and comfort. When a KILLER deal came up in the local paper I jumped on it. I love the fact that the interior gives me the feeling of driving a much larger SUV, yet the actual driving and handling are definately carlike and peppy. The steering wheel has a nice grip and texture to it. In other SUVs I felt a roll or tipping sensation going around corners, but in the Tribute it's practically non- existant. All in all, Zoom Zoom for sure!

Favorite Features

Excellent handling; Being able to open just the window in the back OR the whole door; 16" wheels; On the 4cyl, the ability to turn off the O/D on the fly, which is like all of a sudden having a V6 going up hills. Driving an SUV and getting car mileage! Longer warranty than the Escape.

Suggested Improvements

The light on the A/C is impossible to see in the daylight. The door handles feel like cheap plastic. It would be nice if the clock was always on. Larger door pockets.