2005 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Good Deal, but needs some minor help
By Heather on 05/24/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, my 2005 Tribute S has plenty of room, handles decent & good pickup. I’ve always driven high-end luxury sedans & SUV’s and while this isn’t in their class with style, comfort, drive and some of the interior options, bells and whistles, it is a great deal. I get alot of compliments and would recommend this SUV for someone restricted to that price bracket. I transport alot of sporting equipment on the roof. This is the one reason I will not be a repeat Tribute owner. Mazda made a huge mistake making the rook rack extremely short.Unless you replace the entire rack with a custom rack, then this is not the SUV for outdoor enthusiasts needing to carry sport equiptment on the roof.

Love the V-6
By Tim in Iowa on 05/16/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The V-6 Tribute is fantastic--very smooth and a blast to drive. Does not have that tippy feel that SUVs often have. I am 6'1" 195 lbs and feel very comfortable in the drivers seat. Gas prices seem to have motivated sellers-- I got mine below invoice plus $4000 in rebates. People complain about the gas mileage. I am getting a solid 20 mpg -- not great but better than I was led to believe. Good driving habits help. I got pkg 1 -- interior is okay, maybe a little plasticky. Pkg 2 gets you leather and walnut dash but no moonroof which I had to have. Pkg 3 gets you everything but it will cost you. I live on a gravel road where dirt is an issue. The titanium gray does a good job hiding it.

great small suv
By john on 05/14/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

the car is fun to drive and with the v6 eng it is very peppy on the road-the sound system is top shelf-i got the top model- i like that they only have two models and they come fully equipped depending on which one u get -i have the es it came standard with side airbags-it is supposed to be like the ford escape but the escape only has a 3 year 36 warranty the mazda has a 4 year 48 warranty-the ford model charges you for everything extra-ford wanted $100 for a cargo cover on the xlt escape and the tribut had it as standard-my only complaint is that in my model the column mounted shifter blocks a radio volume control a bit but this has now been eliminated with the floor console

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM
By Pammy J on 05/13/05 18:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Wonderful at the gas pump. Fun to drive. Classy, sporty and stylish all in one. Easy to maneuver in tight spaces. The kids love it as well. My daughter wants it for her first car. That will be a fun fight!!! Comfortable on long trips. Plenty of storage space. The price is right. Got a great deal on the base model. Decent warranty. Glad to have. Looking forward to future driving with it.

Happy buyer
By Sigor111 on 05/12/05 22:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I must say that this is one of the best smalll SUV in US market I didn't want to waste money on . I bought it with 4 cyl engine sincegas with V6. MPG is currently around 22 which is good for the first 1500 miles. Car drives great and it has enough power for drriving around town. The only thing that I dodn;t like about this car is that the engine is very noisy. I dodn't know if that is normal, but I will check with my dealer to make sure that all bolts on the exhaust are tight. I am not used to that sound of engine. Other than that great car and with 4 000$ in rebates this is currently the best buy in this market segment.

The Best SUV
By T foster on 05/05/05 06:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My last car(Mercedes C240)did not handle as well as my new Tribute.The ergonomic styling is not only great to look at, but everything is accessable from my driver's seat.We have a BMW that needs to come with a Rhodes scholarship to be able to work the radio alone. Not so with our Tribute.the sound system is clear,crisp and very easy to use while driving.I feel like I am driving a sporty car, with great visibility.I do not feel as if I am driving a Bulky SUV.Same goes with the ease of parking. Definately the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned them all!!

Awesome Tribute
By Angelica Botello on 04/29/05 11:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Tribute is really a really fun and exciting vehicle to drive. The first time I got my tribute my husband I drove it off road to Big Bend National Park in Chisos Muntains and it preformed awesome. The four wheel drive was very useful and did great in the chihuahan desert off roads. i would definately recommed this vehicle to anyone, it's a very good price and at the same time, i love the leather interior, sun roof and surround music system that I upgraded it with, now, you have the option to put in the navigation system also! Wish I would have purchased it with that option when they fist came out in 2000. But I love my little tribut and will probably trade it in soon for a 2006!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoom Zoom
By Maria on 04/29/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Tribute. I upgraded to the 2005 from a 2002 when the interior was redesigned. I have no complaints about this fun, peppy, good looking and reliable vehicle.

My Tribute Rocks!!!!!
By Meri24 on 04/27/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best SUV in its class for the money. Comfortable ride, smooth like a car. Awesome in 12 inches of snow.

My experience with my Tribute
By rebecca on 04/13/05 16:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like my tribute's design and the space in it,I fit 5 adults in it comfortably. I have had a problem with my back washer line coming out, and it has been in the shop 4 times since having it. However it is a good driving vehicle. Feels like your driving a car just heightend up a bit. I would recommend it to a small low budget family.