2005 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews 7

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Zoom Zoom Zoom
By H. Whitley on 06/21/05 11:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Continental tires a little noisy but overall a very good ride. Got 25-26 mpg on long highway trip in April.

2005 Tribute
By TLE on 06/17/05 01:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Exterior of car is nice. Seals on all doors are inadequate, water enters the door wells when washed or it rains. Passenger door lock mechanism was incorrectly installed. Dashboard accessories are cheap looking. So far the car is running well. Only have 2300 miles. First time owner of a Mazda.

good all around small SUV
By nils on 06/14/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drove several Small SUV's before deciding on this one (Xterra, Escape, Vue, Equinox, Liberty, others). Tribute was the best overall value. With good rebates got some nice options including moonroof and 6-cd changer. I find the FWD to be just fine for my style of 99% road driving. Don't pay extra for 4WD unless you're going to use it off-road.

Zoom Zoom
By Deb on 06/11/05 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

So far, I really love this SUV. It is a really comfortable vehicle and it is a pleasure to drive.

Great Buy for an SUV
By John Taylor on 06/09/05 11:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle goes anywhere without problems...we've been off road, the beach, highway travelling, city commuting, Texas thunderstorms, Texas heat, loaded with family, and never experienced any problems with over 95,000 miles on the vehicle.

Great!
By TER on 06/07/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I purchased mine in February and have had a great time driving it. The sunroof is essential. Fuel economy could be better (I have a 6 Cylinder), but I can deal with that no problem.

2005 Mazda Tribute S Fwd
By Ken on 06/04/05 14:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have worked for Mazda and Ford Motor Company and as everyone knows FMC owns controlling intrest of Mazda. I purchased this Tribute while working for a Ford dealer. It has a better warranty than Ford and costs slightly less. I replaced the tires with Michelins and recommend that to anyone. OEM tires stink! A/C button does have a on/off light issue. Light is not bright enough. Recommend leather w/ heated seats and uprgaded sound system. Very happy with those features. You should be able to buy a couple hundred less than invoice and keep any rebates. 4/50k warranty is great! Traded our 2002 EB 4x4 Explorer and glad! Happy to help anyone with purchasing do's and dont's. 5k on it now. Zoom Zoom

best vehicle I ever owned
By freespirit on 06/02/05 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Mazda tribute is is my baby, Handling is the best engine performance is great power right when you need it . You don't have to worry about handling curves because it is very smooth . Gas mileage on the highway is about 25-27 mpg. City mileage is poor 14-17 mpg.. All in all I love my Tribute

I love my Tribute!!
By CB on 05/29/05 12:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Tribute for almost a year now and I am still crazy about it! My 2004 Tribute is an amazing vehicle, fun to drive, wonderful interior room and looks awesome! I have had one issue with a recall (back hatch latch) but it was taken care of quickly and have had no problems since. I highly recommend the Tribute, there is no greater small SUV out there!

creaks, ticking, moans
By kelleyartist on 05/27/05 01:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

MY TRIBUTE is a creaking, ticking mess!! These sounds come from all the doors, all the time, except on the freeway. I have a 2005 with 8000 miles and the dealer has determined that the sounds, which are constant and getting louder, are "flex" noise and most Tributes have it. The Factory Rep drove it and determined the same, and Mazda will do nothing to help me. They cannot fix it, and they consider it standard. Anyone else who hears it considers it a defect, and the car a lemon. I have read many other reports from consumers with similar complaint. It is appaling that Mazda passes off a brand new vehicle as "normal" that sounds like a old wooden boat. I will pursue this with Mazda