Used 2005 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Somewhat Disappointed
By tributedriver4now

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 50,000 miles on our Tribute and I must say that I have been disappointed in the gas mileage (nowhere near what was rated). I purchased the 4 cyl to get better milage but often get below 20. The 4 cyl isn't quite enough power for this vehicle. When it is loaded down and the AC is running it can't pull small hills without shifting down. The seat material shows every spot and has to be cleaned very often. But the price was right compared to the Ford Escape twin. Much of the features would have cost more on the Ford version.

Price. Dark tinted windows. Alloy wheels. Good looking truck like SUV body.

The seatbelt beeper is way too loud and frequent.(drives me crazy) Needs better seat material. There is not a switch to turn on the dome lights without reaching up and behind. Rear cupholder is too low for kids in carseats, gets kicked often.

No No No more Mazdas for me.
By BNAride

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Two weeks after purchase gas pedal stuck wrecked vehicle and could not get parts from customs. Recalled for gas pedal shortly after. I have had recalls for door latches. The headlights have been replaced due to condensation build up. Now the door ajar light stays on. Latest I am told that I need to have the engine replaced due to the oil light staying on. I am really disappointed in this vehicle. I have owned 6 mazdas and they have been great.

Space.

Cup holders in front. More power better gas mileage.

Wonderful car
By mia

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle! My favorite part is the height above other cars and despite the gas prices it still makes great miles per gallon!

Excellent features. It's everything you want plus very very fun to drive. Did I mention it's good on gas?!

4cyl Tribute 29 mpg
By golfguyy

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For what this vehicle is, a small suv with a 2.3L 4cyl that you can fill with your stuff, it is PERFECT. It comes loaded w/single CD, AC, alloy wheels, per W/L/M, tilt. The only option I wanted was cruise and that was only about $150 extra. 2.3L w/the 5 spd has plenty of get up and go, AND just checked mileage again to find this 4cyl front wheel drive got 29.1 mpg! For the size of the SUV and what you can haul in it, you can't beat it.

Handles just like a sporty car, nice and tight.

For the low price and for what it has and offers, no improvements necessary.

Dependable
By Norm

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Mazda Tribute has been a good vehicle. We got all the options with a 6 cyl and the vehicle drives comfortably and has pretty good acceleration. On the highway it is smooth and not too noisy but mileage is only about 20 mpg. I don't like the sound of the accelerating engine in town - somewhat clunky and not a bit sexy - but it performs well nonetheless. CD player sounds good but my other car has a Bose so I'm spoiled. Display light for AC is hard to see during the day, needs to be brighter. Plenty of room in cargo area and very handy fold down seats, although you have to remove the rear headrests to fold them down.

Roomy, great in snow, leather heated seats, radio/CD, acceleration, super easy to change oil, my wife loves it.

Funky engine sound when accelerating, dim AC display light.