2005 Tribute-S overview
By Mark B. on
2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
My wife & I set out to purchase an SUV to transport kids, have the capability to tow at least up to 3,500 lbs, small enough to drive around in city traffic and be as inexpensive a purchase as possible. I looked at the Honda CRV & Pilot but neither met our entire criteria. After 2 months of ownership the Tribute-S is very satisfying in terms of driveability, reliability and looks. We find the Tribute quiet, nimble handling, fits/adjusts to my 5'0 wife & seats her high to see out over the traffic. The V-6 power/take-off is great! Of all the options to choose from, we opted for the extra security of the "side curtain air bags" and did lower our car insurance a bit.
Favorite Features
V-6 power, handling, towing capability, quiet ride, overall price, stylish look.
Suggested Improvements
Light-up/illuminate the: CRUISE CONTROL buttons on the steering wheel & GLOVE COMPARTMENT. Install better positioned cup holders. Drivers side and passenger front door arm rests are too narrow. Your forearm does not rest comfortably and slides off. There is no front driver/passenger light console.