Used 2005 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

My experience with my Tribute
By rebecca

2005 Mazda Tribute i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like my tribute's design and the space in it,I fit 5 adults in it comfortably. I have had a problem with my back washer line coming out, and it has been in the shop 4 times since having it. However it is a good driving vehicle. Feels like your driving a car just heightend up a bit. I would recommend it to a small low budget family.

I love the fold down back row seats,you can fit almost anything back there. I also love the hatch window in the rear as well. Very Convenient. I also like that if you leave your lights on they turn off automatically.

I would recommend you take the buzzer off of the seat belts..it is very annoying when your only driving it up your driveway and back.

My new rig
By dale nelson

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Previously drove an Infiniti G35 for two years and find the Mazda Tribute to meet all of my needs....excellent stereo (nearly as good as the Bose system in the Infiniti)...Lumbar adjustment works well....plenty of power, but only getting about 16 mpg in town so far....Anyway I would rate this rig as an 8 against the 10 of the Infiniti.....not far behind for $15,000 less cost and cargo room is excellent even compared to larger SUV's that I compared it with......I swore I would never own an SUV, but I love this rig.........

Driveability, Stereo, cargo space, interior upholstery, good visibility

Rear end sits a little high....recommend making it more level

Drag a wagon
By Robert Garvey

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After being lied to about the invoice price which resulted in paying 26,500.00 we did not get the features we wanted. It took three weeks to get delivery because they claimed it arrived at the dealer with "slashes (keyed)" over the front panel. Then it had to have the windshield replaced because a rock hit it while driving it back to the dealership.by then we were no longer eligable for the $2,000.00 rebate. After receiving delivery, it still has a small dent in the chrome on the hood. It rides like a childs wagon being pulled down the street. It hits every imperfection in the road like a speed bump. It makes it impossible to try and make notes or write in the rear seat.

The poor ride out ways any pluses. The great sound system, is not. Cannot hear the full sound speakers. Same as their 1962 model, old and tired.

Interior is too "plastic" looking. Fix the suspension syestem for a smoother ride.Deliver the sound it claims. Rear doors do not open wide enough to access easy in and out for passengers. Simple items are over looked at mfg.

best runner ever
By jwallin

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This thing is just fun to drive. It handles like a car and is easy to drive in 4WD in bad weather. Looks nice in my driveway!

comfortable interior

Is way too friendly with the BP station.

Glad to own Tribute
By JOHN DALEY

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love to drive this vehicle. Some minor disappointments. Did you ever pick up clothes from the cleaner and not have a hook to put them on. The MPG stinks. Mostly highway only gets 18.5. But that said, the tribute is nimble, responsive to quick stops and turns and looks like a million bucks. The dealer even sent a birthday card. Now thats class.

Looks, handling and comfort.

Clothes hooks, Latches in rear to tie down. Change front brake pads to another material to keep from creating so much dust.

• SUV