2005 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Fun and comfy!
By pedslpaz on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my 2005 Tribute "s" (2wd) for a few days, but so far I love it! I had a 2003 Ford Escape Ltd for a few days, before I bought this Tribute, and now that I can compare the two, I can say that the Escape drove more like a truck and the Tribute drives more like a car.

Scootin' Along
By LDavisca on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this SUV is more than easy, it's downright fun! It handles like a dream and the smooth ride feels like cruising in a pricier, larger vehicle. The spacious cargo area doesn't take away any of the backseat legroom, passengers are comfortable and enjoy the ride. Easy rear access through either the window or whole tailgate is a real treat. This SUV responds well on any road surface and handles like a dream on freeways as well as in city traffic. My choice was made after a lot of research and I'm extremely pleased with this happy little vehiicle! Front legroom and headroom are the best in any small SUV!

good buy
By sun chaser on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

very happy with suv so far. shorter than most suv,s , but easy to park and high enough for good visibility.More practical than a full size suv,better gas mileage,smaller trailering load of 3500 pounds however.I would spend a little more and get one loaded with sun roof ,ect.Wife likes better than her toyota camary.

excellent choice
By bloodworth on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has all the features of a full size built into a mid size.

IZOOM4
By LEW on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We looked ot SUV'S on and off for a couple of years before we drove the MAZDA. As soon as we drove it we both noticed it drove more like a car than most others we test drove. We have had many coments of how nice looking it is. This vehicle is a luxury for us we basicly only use it on the weekend,or when we are going together someplace. It is roomy on the inside and very comfordable. The leather heated seats are highly recomended. The way the seats fold is perfect for our Greyhounds 1 fits in the back & 1 in the back seat area(we just pull the seats up but dont put the backs down).

BEWARE
By Chris Wood 2 on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 200 miles the front crank shaft seal developed a pretty serious oil leak. The headliner is separating, and parts are extremely difficult to attain. The selling dealer has been terrific, but their hands are tied. Mazda North America hasn't returned emails. The vehicle now has 1,200 miles and is only 12 weeks old. It is a fun vehicle to drive, and appears to be a good value. However, this amount of initial problems should concern any possible buyers. I have purchased many new Mazda's, and this experience has definately curbed my Mazda purchasing.

2005 Tribute S
By VN on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 900 miles, the emission light illuminated and stays on. The dealer had to replace the sensor. Alignment was also needed because the truck was pulling to the right. Dealer fixed that but they had to increase the Caster/Camper to +0.01 which made the truck steering stiffer/heavier than first bought it which took some fun away from driving the Tribute. Wind and road noise are pretty bad over 50Miles/hour. And it is loud and bouncy over bumps. The dealer gave me the Ford F150 while my truck was in the shop and surprisingly; the F150 was much quieter and smoother over bumps. It is also a lot quitter than the Tribute at high speed.

Zoom Zoom
By JRose on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute i Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love to drive it

This is why I waited....
By Brinn on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I know I've only had my car for 48 hrs. but I'm in love. Spending around 25,000 (before tax and license) for a fully equiped SUV was a smart choice. I like the new design for the 05, the interior looks much better, a little more up-scale, I love the shape and exterior design of the SUV, heated leather seats, 6 disk Cd changer, sun roof... if I had to pick something I would change would be the gas mpg. I live is southern cali, I need all the mpgs. I can get, with my V6 I avrg. 20- 25, I wish (25-30) It's a better choice than the others.

Ex Tribute Lover
By ExTributeLover on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute s AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 2001 Tribute then I made the mistake of trading it on a 2005. The Gear Shifter now takes of most of the space in the front. The heater/air controls now have little light-up buttons that cannot be seen in daylight. NO WAY TO TUNE THE RADIO, NO CASSETTE PLAYER. Cheap looking plastic on dash board in. NOT the fun to drive suv that the 2001 was, AND IT EATS UP GAS, 14-16MPG. Even with top pkgs chosen, you DON'T get many extras like: WHEEL LOCKS, BUG DFLCTRS, A/W MATS. The 2005 Tribute is an OVERPRICED GAS GUSSLER that lost it's zest for life.