2005 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
2005 Mazda tribute s v6
By ericvlewis on 08/02/13 15:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Driving strong at 255K miles only 2000 in maintenance since I bought it in 2006 phenomenal vehicle

Going Strong 125k
By tannerrocks on 02/25/12 06:55 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Mazda I have owned; but this one has been the best car I have ever had thus far. I have had five cars in my life. I have replaced brackes, had some suspension work done (tie rods etc); but having had it since it was brand new I find it stellar. I don't off road with this; I drive on roads only. I travel with it almost annually; and it is our primary car on weekends so I average about 14k a year. I am very disappointed with the newer designs; if i wanted a Jeep I would buy a Jeep; not a Mazda look alike. I am replacing the stereo this year by choice so I can keep driving this one for many more miles.

2005 tribute problems
By diverdan1 on 11/05/11 04:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

since buying this vehicle i have had 7300.00 warranty work done on it and heaven alone knows how much apparently my problems i have spent on it. it is the worst vehicle i have ever owned and suggest to anyone to do some thorough research before ever buying a mazda ford tribute. apparently my problems are not over yet according to my mechanic. buyer be aware when purchasing one of these.

Great ride
By a_clemons on 07/15/10 12:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very dependable and capable car. Great on trips: plenty of hauling space for our small family and plenty of room for stuff and/or large dogs. Gets excellent mileage if you don't exceed the speed limit. High (but bearable) wind noise at highway speeds. Drives like a car. Easy to park.

Outstanding Tribute!
By Jimbo on 06/13/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with this vehicle. It has been a pleasure to own.

Nice but too many issues
By mitc1109 on 05/20/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new off the lot in 2005. Got a great deal so I can't complain all that much. However, I have never been able to keep rotors on it. Have had them replaced three times!! When stopping, the vibrations are ridiculous! Props to the dealership though who has replaced the rotors every time under warranty. Just a hassle. Gas mileage is not great but it's pretty good in the New England snow for a FWD vehicle. I still like it a lot better than the Ford Escape (someone else in my family has one of those). Fun to drive and the 6 cylinder has some good pickup.

Awesome Vehicle
By steelerfan500 on 12/30/08 06:25 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I lovemy Mazda, so far I have not had a bit of trouble with it. I got a great deal on the 6 cyl. and it has excellent pickup. The only 2 mistakes I made is to buy a black vehicle and to get cloth seats (I have a child) but the car is great I have no complaints at all. If I had to list something it would be to get better gas mileage, currently I get 21 MPG in the city.

Really Great
By Dan on 01/31/08 21:26 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

No problems in 21000 miles. Acceleration, conering, turning radius, all really good. A very easy handling vehicle with good vision. Mileage, 20 city, 27 interstate at 70 mph. Other than noisy tires I love it.

End of 3 year lease
By bigbaby on 12/01/07 11:20 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

3rd review of the Tribute. It's still a great car after 2.5 years. I do want to get something new so I'll be trading this in (lease has positive equity). Absolutely no problems. Just put gas and do oil changes and it runs like a champ. Recently went on I-30 from Dallas to Arkansas. Set the cruise at 65 and wound up getting 29.5 MPG. A 6 cyl SUV with only a 4 speed automatic! Some lucky used car buyer is going to get a winner with this car.

No No No more Mazdas for me.
By BNAride on 10/15/07 18:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Two weeks after purchase gas pedal stuck wrecked vehicle and could not get parts from customs. Recalled for gas pedal shortly after. I have had recalls for door latches. The headlights have been replaced due to condensation build up. Now the door ajar light stays on. Latest I am told that I need to have the engine replaced due to the oil light staying on. I am really disappointed in this vehicle. I have owned 6 mazdas and they have been great.