Used 2005 Mazda Tribute s SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

2005 Mazda tribute s v6
By ericvlewis

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Driving strong at 255K miles only 2000 in maintenance since I bought it in 2006 phenomenal vehicle

Favorite Features

Acceleration

Going Strong 125k
By tannerrocks

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Mazda I have owned; but this one has been the best car I have ever had thus far. I have had five cars in my life. I have replaced brackes, had some suspension work done (tie rods etc); but having had it since it was brand new I find it stellar. I don't off road with this; I drive on roads only. I travel with it almost annually; and it is our primary car on weekends so I average about 14k a year. I am very disappointed with the newer designs; if i wanted a Jeep I would buy a Jeep; not a Mazda look alike. I am replacing the stereo this year by choice so I can keep driving this one for many more miles.

Favorite Features

Most reliable I have ever had.

Suggested Improvements

The windshield blower is not all that great as it never gets to the edge.

2005 tribute problems
By diverdan1

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

since buying this vehicle i have had 7300.00 warranty work done on it and heaven alone knows how much apparently my problems i have spent on it. it is the worst vehicle i have ever owned and suggest to anyone to do some thorough research before ever buying a mazda ford tribute. apparently my problems are not over yet according to my mechanic. buyer be aware when purchasing one of these.

Favorite Features

only good thing is acceleration

Suggested Improvements

put a life time warranty on major components

Great ride
By a_clemons

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very dependable and capable car. Great on trips: plenty of hauling space for our small family and plenty of room for stuff and/or large dogs. Gets excellent mileage if you don't exceed the speed limit. High (but bearable) wind noise at highway speeds. Drives like a car. Easy to park.

Favorite Features

7 speaker stereo is very good. Zippy engine. Excellent brakes. Loads of storage. Excellent visibility. Low maintenance (7500 miles between oil changes, spark plugs last 100,000 miles).

Suggested Improvements

Seats could use a bit more bolstering. Less body roll would be nice. Buttons for the rear door/glass need labeling. The design of the back of the vehicle is a bit square - not as stylish as the rest of the car.

Outstanding Tribute!
By Jimbo

2005 Mazda Tribute SUV s Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with this vehicle. It has been a pleasure to own.

Favorite Features

After owning 2 Explorers, I have found the Tribute to be much easier to maneuver. I get 23-25 MPG on the highway when my speed is 70-75.

Suggested Improvements

You have to remove 3 headrests to fold the backseat down--maybe that has been fixed by 2009. I also wish I had audio controls on the steering wheel. The 2009 model has ESC and many more airbags...a good reason to trade up.