2004 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: ZOOM-ZOOM

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

ZOOM-ZOOM
By NothinButNetJAG on

2004 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own an ES-V6 model, and I would call this "The Sports Cars of SUVS." I think the Tribute out-classes the Ford Escape. The tribute has a more nicer interior than the Escape, as well as many more standard features. The Zoom- Zoom really shows. A peppy DOHC 24 valve 201 horsepower 3.0 liter V6 is fun to drive. The car is very comfortable and sporty. Great stereo on ES-V6 models. Handles more like a car than an SUV. Feels more capable and sportier than our $34,000 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Great off-road capability. I would recommend this SUV over the Ford Escape, Isuzu Rodeo, Honda CRV, and Honda Pilot. I love the Mazda Tribute!

Favorite features include power sunroof, leather seating, reclining back seat, power front driver seat, fender mounted turning signal, easy to reach hazard button, fog lights as bright as driving lights, and a peppy DOHC 24-valve V6.

The shifter is in the way of tuning radio stations. I would like it if they would put it on the console. Another 40 horsepower or so.....and the Tribute would be a screamer!!! I would also like it if they had a full tilt steering wheel.