Zoom, Zoom
By safiri on
2004 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I wanted an SUV, so I checked out the Subaru Forester. Though it ranked high in safety & does great for off road, I don't drive off road. I also felt the Forester was too low to the ground (though this low center of gravity=less chance of roll over), & I didn't want to dig out another car from a snowy NY winter. Checked out the Kia Sorento. This midsize SUV was too big for my needs. Since I owned a Mazda 323, I checked out the Tribute. The rich looking interior is well laid out. The outside has nice lines. It has good safety test results, with comparable gas mileage for an SUV. It has POWER (V6) & 4 wheel drive which is great for a SUV.
Favorite Features
Six cd plyr/am fm radio with a cassette player. Heated side mirrors. Rear cargo door opens up & not sideways & the rear cargo door glass opens. Four wheel drive & a V6 engine. There is no spare hanging off the back blocking your view.
Suggested Improvements
My one pet peeve with this car is there is no regular size spare tire. The spare which is in the cargo floor area is a donut and it ridiculous. There should be a full sized spare.