2004 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Still Scratching My Head

2004 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

Still Scratching My Head
By Joeillini on

2004 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the Tribute for 1 1/2 years and 18,000 miles. I am still kicking myself for overlooking obvious things that annoy me now. Bad gas Mileage compared to EPA figure, Poor control for sliding sunroof, no passenger-side lock control, front seats sit to high and can't be lowered, hard to use cruise control at night, have had it in the shop 3 times to fix a rattle in tailgate that is only getting worse, the gear shift doesn't read on the dash 50% of the time, the way the engine downshifts going up just a slight incline causing MPG to suffer, cheap plastic interior door panels with no padding, soft brake pads leave dust on front wheels. Its my fault for purchasing the vehicle.

Stereo, heated seats..the Best is the Mazda emblem..knowing that although it is just a Ford Escape the emblem will help when I trade it in!

Rear view mirror monitors gas mileage, automatic headlights, a sotage place for your garage door opener or better yet Homelink.