Used 2004 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

I love my Mazda Tribute
By vp1618

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving several different SUV, I drove and feel in love with the Mazda Tribute. Great handling makes it feel like your driving a car with the the perks of an SUV. You won't be sorry with a Tribute!!

Very roomy on the inside! Great handling!

Shifter sticks a little far out, but that's only nit-picking.

Mazda Tribute LX 4X4
By PCFlorida

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Suv 6 months ago. It is so much fun to drive,has pep & is stylish. But ,when you use the air conditioning it uses alot of gas. Also, the wind noise is very noticeable. The interior has a cheap feel to it. Leg room is limited, Especially when you put a childs booster seat in the rear.

It is very stylish & fun to drive. The 6 CD changer with cassette.

Running tubes, rear bumper mat, should be standard on the LX models. Also, having the door controls only on the driver side is very inconvenient.

Tribute
By FrenchTeacher

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed an economical SUV and wanted to buy a Honda. I ended up with the Mazda Tribute after finding the Honda dealer's in my area unwilling to negotiate on price. Thinking I was accepting second best, I was thrilled and very suprised at the great performance from this economical four cylinder five speed. What a fun little jewel. Despite the four cylinder engine, the car is very peppy and really does ZOOOM,ZOOM ZOOM! I live in West Virginia where we have very steep hills...no problem!

Quiet, smooth ride. Very peppy. Compared to the Explorer I had been driving, great fuel economy.

Center arm rest for front passengers and ABS breaks on even the base model.

Lemon is the color of my Tribute
By wbc-dc

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 5000 miles (3mos)-started hearing strange noise when car was cold-found out steering seals were installed wrong and rack and pinion steering needed replacement. As soon as that was repaired-noticed vibration and rushing sound with acceleration-determined that it needed a new transmission. Went in for transmission repair and found out that the bolt holding the transmission was only in by two threads and transmission could have fallen off. Obviously a bad day at the factory- what's next-I am scared to drive it!

Like the way it looks and handles when it is running

Better quality control off the assembly line-we could have been killed on the highway if the transmission fell off.

2004 tribute to tribute
By geebee

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Car is enjoyable to drive, very dependable, with average gas mileage. The V-6 has enough getup and go when needed9 (freeway onramps) and very good braking capabilities. clean ride, and easy to maintain. Parkings not a problem.

Am very happy with vehicle.. One of favorite features is he heated seat. It heats up fast and removes any chill rapidlyin cold weather.

Better sightlines to reduce blindspots