Used 2004 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Reliable, Great Value, Strongly Recommen
By miatajeff

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2004 ES 4WD has been a super truck, very reliable, reasonably good mpg (20) for a vehicle this big with this much power. Great value for the money as well, compared to the Grand Cherokee, Subaru, Explorer, etc I am really happy with this vehicle. Has great visibilty and handles very well. Great for people (like me) who need the height of an SUV but still want sporty handling.

Reliability, value, performance, warantee

I do love this vehicle, but make sure you can get comfortable. The seats are much too stiff for me and the vehicle Desperately needs a telescoping wheel. The HVAC system is silly, make it automatic or make it normal. These are design flaws that may prevent me from buying another.

Amazing Vehicle
By megd726

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this SUV mainly because I missed driving an SUV (I originally drove a Ford Explorer and then went with a Mazda Millenia.) This was the first car I have purchased and I have not been disappointed. Mazda has been good to me as far as service and reliability so I was happy to purchase a Mazda vehicle. This is a fun car to drive. It handles like a car and I often forget that I am driving an SUV. For anyone who is seeking to purchase an SUV, I would highly recommend the Tribute. It has plenty of room for the kids I nannyed for this summer, taking all of my stuff down to school, and getting me around the city. I don't think twice about the reliability of this car. It will get me there!

Premium audio system is amazing! Visibility is amazing as well! You have perfect view! Love how it handles- it's fun to drive! The all wheel drive is excellent! I've felt it kick in driving through large puddles and driving along dirt roads. Perfect amount of cargo space + plenty of room for 5 people

A larger gas tank would be useful. The fuel economy is a little less than I had anticipated but the car is only at about 5,000 miles, so it still is considered within the break in period. It has improved since I purchased it. Honestly, this is a solid vehicle and I have not come across any problems.

I love my Mazda Tribute
By vp1618

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving several different SUV, I drove and feel in love with the Mazda Tribute. Great handling makes it feel like your driving a car with the the perks of an SUV. You won't be sorry with a Tribute!!

Very roomy on the inside! Great handling!

Shifter sticks a little far out, but that's only nit-picking.

Mazda Tribute LX 4X4
By PCFlorida

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Suv 6 months ago. It is so much fun to drive,has pep & is stylish. But ,when you use the air conditioning it uses alot of gas. Also, the wind noise is very noticeable. The interior has a cheap feel to it. Leg room is limited, Especially when you put a childs booster seat in the rear.

It is very stylish & fun to drive. The 6 CD changer with cassette.

Running tubes, rear bumper mat, should be standard on the LX models. Also, having the door controls only on the driver side is very inconvenient.

Tribute
By FrenchTeacher

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed an economical SUV and wanted to buy a Honda. I ended up with the Mazda Tribute after finding the Honda dealer's in my area unwilling to negotiate on price. Thinking I was accepting second best, I was thrilled and very suprised at the great performance from this economical four cylinder five speed. What a fun little jewel. Despite the four cylinder engine, the car is very peppy and really does ZOOOM,ZOOM ZOOM! I live in West Virginia where we have very steep hills...no problem!

Quiet, smooth ride. Very peppy. Compared to the Explorer I had been driving, great fuel economy.

Center arm rest for front passengers and ABS breaks on even the base model.

• SUV