2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Fun to drive
By pixychick on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I think this is a great little car. The one complaint I have is that it's much too noisy and the workmanship was lousy. Getting parts is always a big hassle and have to wait to get car fixed.

Mazda Tribute is Best compact SUV Value
By agc on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The best way to show the value you get with the Mazda Tribute is to compare it to another. I bought the Tribute and a co-worker bought a Toyota RAV4 recently. We paid nearly the same for our vehicles. I got a powerful smooth V6, ABS, towing package, side air bags, flip up rear window, retractable cargo cover, overhead opening rear door, more room & comfort, & he got none of these.

I love my Tribute
By Microchic on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I researched all compact SUV's before purchase. Decided that the true cost to own of this vehicle was better for my family. Drives nice, and I don't seem to have the wind problem other are having. I have the base model stereo, and would have rathered the upgrade. The DVD is a life saver for long trips. My daughter can't wait to go on a long trip so she can use it!

Best SUV in it's class
By Delaware19701 on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In comparing between Ford Excape and Mazda Tribute, the Mazda was a hands down choice for me. After 6 months I have no complaints. Too many bad comments from Escape owners for me to take the chance on a purchase of an Escape

hot car
By havasu river rat on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

best car for the money

My Mazda Tribute
By Roger122387 on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car back in March and I have really loved it. It has seemed to be a very reliable car. The only problems I do have with it at this point is when I first go to start it (we don't have cold weather where I live), but it seems to almost want to die or not start. It turns over fine but at first it doesn't idle right. I've heard several complaints very similar to this one. At first, my battery light would almost always be on except for when I would drive a couple of hours out of town, but when I would get back in the battery light would be back on. This only lasted for a month.

Love my new Tribute
By JRandyH on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Tribute as a second car to replace a 10 year old explorer. I mainly was looking for 4WD in a small SUV. I was close to buying an excape but the mazda warranty was much better so went with them. The car drives like a dream and my other car is an Acura TS type L. It sits high and is really fun to drive.

Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4x4
By cphuey on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase my Mazda Tribute from a local Mazda dealer in the Mpls/St Paul area. Went to three different dealers, ended up going to back the 1st dealer. My Tribute is loaded, with leather, had 5000 miles on it demo. I have driven in the cities daily, and to the Black Hills. The SUV sticks to the road even the wind. Engine has pently of power for SUV. It is does not feel like a big SUV in tight parking lots, crusing around the cities. Seats are very comfortable, good viewing all around the SUV.

Surprising 2004 Mazda Tribute LX-A
By hughlock on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is just plain old fun to drive. The steering is extremely responsive with no "center dead space" to limit reaction time. Some people have complained about the wind noise at high speeds; I suggest you test drive some of the other makers of SUV's and you will change your mind. The Tribute is an overall success at a great price. Mine was less than $20,000.

Tribute to my Tribute
By karen6036 on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just turned 20,000 miles on my 2003 Tribute. Other than car washes, gas, oil changes, one wheel balancing, and insurance, I have spent no money on this vehicle. NO WARRANTEE repairs either. I would like better gas mileage, but I actually get 18.9 - 19.3 around town and 24.5 - 25.3 on strickly highway driving.