2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Satisfied customer
By Dilligas on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Mileage could be better for vehicle size God bargin for money Refuse to accept Continential Tires.... absolute bad experience with tires

rides like a truck
By smashingk on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

steering went out at 9000 miles. Altogether performance isn't that great. The ride is very uncomfortable and when you lower the windows, you can hear loud buzzing noises.

Pleasantly suprised
By yellowpit on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

While the creature comforts aren't luxury level and the four banger won't rocket you into traffic, it is a nice vehicle at a great price. I got the last '04 on the lot $1300 less than Edmund's suggested. Just took a 750 mile trip on less than two tanks of gas, worked well on both the Interstates and PA's dirt roads.

Is mine a lemon?!
By DBB on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

About 25% of what we've paid Mazda has gone to the service dept. They recalled something we had fixed over a year ago and we are still trying to get our rebate. The SUV does not come with brake squeelers. And I had it in the shop just 8K miles ago and the brakes were fine, only to find when I took it in for it's "every 5K mile maintenance" that the brake pads were so worn that I had to buy new roters. Needless to say, I tell everyone I know who is buying an SUV to consider something else.

A-
By JGZ on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great power. Good Looking. Reliable. Nice Size with lots of room.

LUV this SUV
By plinard on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love to drive this little beauty. Very comfortable downsize from my van. Sporty and good milage for engine size. Comfortable for two of the teens in our house but wouldn't want all three in the back at the same time. Great stereo upgrade package and cargo tray. Fun car.

My Tribute withstood a 50MPH rear-ending
By Law girl on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased with the purchase of this vehicle, and this month I was really impressed. I was rear-ended on the freeway by a driver going about 50 MPH and my Tribute held up beautifully. Only a slight crack in the bumper. The other car was totalled. Good job to Mazda!

DPBSRATING
By DEBORAH BELL on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

THIS IS AGREAT FUN CAR WHICH WON'T BREAK THE WALLET.

MAzda
By Mfbosch on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Seats are a little stiff but everything else overcompensates for it. Very sporty, handles well.

Zoom Zoom
By desertdog on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

There are a lot of choices out there. After researching and driving, the Tribute takes the prize. This vehicle is fun to drive. It has great acceleration, brakes, handling, etc.... I do agree that the front seat should be more comfortable. It does have a lumbar adjustment which helps. The sound system is great. This thing is so much fun to drive I almost wish I bought a stick!